Agnostic.com

28 4

What Are Your Thoughts About Spiritualism ?

Spiritualist seem to be a different breed of cat.Some are god believers and some are not. My fathers second wife was heavy into it and I attended a few seances where the MEDIUM supposedly communicated with the dead.ALL BS as far as I am concerned.

alon 6 Mar 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Spiritualism is made of the same concept as religion. To me, we're brains, minds, inner world, no spirit. When there's no more life, there's no more what we call spirit...no more us.

I experimented with spiritualism for a few years, it is bollocks, cold reading, desperation and self delusion are all that keeps it going

Greater World Christian Spiritualism have their own prophet, a dead Jewish elder who goes by the nom de guerre of Zodiac who claims to have known Jesus and has channeled several (very expensive) holy books from beyond the grave which the members of the NSA follow slavishly.
They even have their own symbol, a cross with a letter z wrapped around it

In this Greater World Christian Spiritualism is far worse than the United Spiritualist Church (who are pretty much universalist and don't even claim to be Christian) and the The National Spiritual Alliance (who have local branches in most countries that don't advocate stoning them to death)

Yes. There a few of those. Don’t know of Zodiac. Where is their temple based. A big one in UK in 80’s & 90’s was White Eagle. I went to their lodge in Hampshire once which was quite impressive. Lots of money in that one but the people were lovely. I guess you pays your money and makes your choice or don’t get involved at all. If it helps people get through without being indoctrinating why not.

spirtuality, as in the title of this category (being what some on this site call spiritual), and being a proponent of spiritualism, which has an actual definition, are not the same thing. you mention seances so i know you are using the word "spiritualism" correctly. and you have pegged it correctly too; it is bullshit. don't let the category title fool you into thinking that spiritualism is a big thing for us on this site (although there may be sone stray believers). meanwhile, spirituality is, to me, just religion light. spiritualism is... not even religion light. it's just crap.

g

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:319353
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.