Agnostic.com

13 0

How Many Prescriptions Do You Take Daily?

alon 6 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I take none. They cause more problems than they solve. I'm back from seeing my dad in hospital. He was being treated for cancer, but the medication caused a stroke. So then they put him on antidepresents, but that made him sick. So then they tried to put him on anti-sickness medication, with its own side effects. The issue with drugs is that they are very blunt tools.

I take three.

alon Level 6 Nov 24, 2019

One for high blood pressure and one for Cholesterol

Hm, let's see ... 5 if you don't count the baby asprin regime and a multi-vitamin and a Co-Q10 supplement to compensate for side effects of the statin drug.

I kind of draw the line there. If you let them, doctors will prescribe drugs without regard to what you're already taking or lifestyle changes that will reduce your need for them.

I'm currently undergoing a brutal exercise regime with the goal of reducing / eliminating some or all of my type 2 diabetes meds, which are 3 of the 5 drugs I'm taking. Also to improve core strength and balance before some doc wants to impose some other medications for that.

Not one! Which is pretty good I think for 60.

It's none of your business.

Self or doctor prescribed? ?

1of5 Level 8 Mar 28, 2019

Zero prescription drugs period.

None.

Why do you ask?

Just curious about the over all health of the members.

Just one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:320146
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.