Agnostic.com

9 8

Spectacular flight over the mountains. He sent the right bait.

"One of my happiest memories is when you took me snowshoeing up in the mountains," Bill texted two days ago. Two years ago, I dumped him because of his right-wing beliefs.

Yesterday: "Decided to fly to Wenatchee and ride the Apple Loop trail."

Me: "Good for you. I'm going for a run. I'll bite. Want to get together for a cool drink after we exercise?"

Bill: "Would love to see you. If you want a ride I can meet you at the airport in 1-1/2 hour."

Yes, please!

Happy dance. After running, I quickly toweled off, changing into fresh spandex. Grabbed my camera and a down jacket (it's cold in the plane). Caught him changing behind the plane. 🙂

"You look wonderful!" Bill exclaimed. He missed me. Asking where I wanted to go, he flew up Lake Chelan- a narrow, 50.5 mile long lake- to Stehekin and North Cascades National Park.

"Here are the mountains you love so much, sweetheart," Bill said.

At 10,000 feet elevation, it was snowing. I saw snow on the plane's black tire. Afternoon sun made the mountains shine.

Returning, Bill flew 200 feet above Lake Chelan at 125 mph. The lake was calm and deep blue. I could see where currents changed direction. I felt protected by mountain ridges cradling the lake. A magical moment.

A competitive bicycle rider and medical doctor, Bill is super fit. 10 years younger than me. He's a fun playmate, but not long-range relationship material. Famous last words.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

wow!! that's f'n awesome!!

beautiful shots

Gorgeous !!

Hell - just eliminate politics from your repetoire with him!

Not everyone is a "potential mate", sometimes we meet someone and want to enjoy him/her as a friend. Maybe that is where you and Bill are headed?!?

wow what a beautiful landscape!

This is exactly the situation I'm in. I'm seeing a woman who's a hardline R and Trump voter. I hate her politics. Thing is, when she's not being political she's perfectly normal and we have fun together. One of my oldest friends in the world is a devout Xian who's also an R and a Trump voter and we've been best friends for 30 years.

How is any of this possible with my strong progressive views and unwavering atheism -- we've agreed to disagree and not discuss these toxic topics. NO religion or politics. End of story. By eliminating them from discussion the friendships are allowed to happen.

You might want to give this a try with Dr. Bill.

I wish I lived in a country with proper mountains. England has its own appeal, and Australia has certainly got some spectacular landscape, and I've visited volcanic regions in New Zealand and Indonesia, but I've never seen proper mountains with my own little eyeballs.

Awesome photos. Thank you for posting these.

That was a nice post and I like the pics.

@freedom41

Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:322464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.