Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK The Dirty Secret Washington hides . . . Slavery in Libya

Capitalism puts profit above all, requiring cheap labor so profits remain high. Capitalism also demands a disposable labor force to continue turning maximum profit. Economic inequality has long been a motivator for selling slaves, and this inequality is a capitalist force that the wealthy exploit. Capitalism turns everything, including people, into a commodity, something to be bought and sold.
This is the "democracy" that the USA brought to Libya, via NATO. This is the "democracy" that they want to bring to Venezuela.
Muammar Gaddafi, whom they maligned and murdered, would never have supported slavery! [en.wikipedia.org]
Dehumanization for the sake of profit.
We are in need of a different sort of society where people are not commodified to make a profit. Freedom is being taken away by a culture that refuses to see the damage done by an out-of-control military industrial complex that is destabilizing any country that detracts from the profit goals of the USA, which is NOT a democracy, NOT interested in democracy or freedom.

THHA 7 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Northern African and Middle Eastern Arabs have been using African slaves for thousands of years. It's not the fault of the USA or of capitalism. It's the fault of the Northern African and Middle Eastern Arabs.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 1, 2019

When the USA and NATO took on the mantle of the harbingers of "democracy" and "freedom" and attacked the country and destroyed its infrastructure, they took on the mantle of responsibility for their actions, and the country . . . and, claiming that they were doing some form of good for the country was nothing but a charade . . . had they been interested in reforming the country, they would have stuck around and followed up on their so-called efforts . . . however, that never happened, because they were NOT interested in bring freedom or democracy to Libya, they were only interested in destroying any possibility of Libya creating an Africa-wide currency.

They took on the mantle of responsibility for what happened in Libya when they decided the remove its leader, and, if they were so concerned about dictatorship, they would have removed the Saudi dictators a long time ago.

@THHA ,
exactly right.
very few ppl understand or even care about the truth.

@THHA I believe the USA made a terrible decision when they helped overthrow Gaddafi. I have a good friend who grew up in Russia, emigrated to Israel ASAP, then to the USA ASAP. He explained it as follows. Gaddafi was the "bad-boy dictator" through the 1980's then he reformed. He did just about everything demanded of him by the world community, then the minute he looked weak, the USA came in the the bombers and helped the rebels overthrow him. He was slaughtered like a dog, and the video footage was shown around the world. The message that sends out to the other dictators "Don't cooperate with the USA because they will screw you and bring you down at first opportunity" I blame the USA for the decision to get rid of Gaddafi, but not for the slavery. The Muslims who replaced Gaddafi and now rule Libya are just following a centuries-old custom of Muslims using black Africans as slaves. The slavery is the fault of the Arab muslim culture and religion, not the USA and capitalism.

"Arab muslim culture" Then where is the slavery in Palestine? Lebanon? Syria? That is like saying, "Because the Spanish have bullfights, all people in countries that have majorities of people of Spanish descent have bullfights." It has no logical basis.

@THHA Read up on it. Slavery is still alive and well in many parts of the world dominated by Islam:

[en.wikipedia.org]

It is still alive right here in the USA too. Ever heard of the commercialized prison system?

@THHA Statistics from the U.S. Department of Justice show that, as of 2013, there were 133,000 state and federal prisoners housed in privately owned prisons in the U.S., constituting 8.4% of the overall U.S. prison population.

Have you always had such hatred for the USA?
If not, how did the hatred develop?
Have you considered living somewhere other than the USA?

Land of the "Free"
[prisonstudies.org]

But hey were ignorant savages who new no better. Well in the minds of the Christian Europeans they were, but the caring benevolent Christians embraced slavery enthusiastically.

@Moravian You were talking about a commercialized prison system. I showed you evidence that 91.6% of US prisoners were in government run prisons and only 8.4% were in "commercialized" prisons. Back to my earlier questions:

1. Why such hatred for the USA?
  2. Have you always hated the USA?
  3. How did you develop the hatred?
  4. Why the hatred of capitalism?
  5. Have you spent much time in non-capitalist countries to see how other types of economies work?
  6. Have you considered living in a non-capitalist country? If so, which one?

@BD66 What on earth are you on about ?. My comment was about slavery. Why would I hate the USA. My partner is from new England and I have spent many happy months in the USA over the past 12 years.
I intensely dislike your governments foreign policy as any right thinking person would but internal affairs are really no concern of mind. The fact that the USA has the second largest prison population in the world and most inmates are black must be of concern though.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:322783
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.