Agnostic.com

8 0

I've been on dating sites and the one thing that really annoyed me was when I go through the trouble of sending a message to a woman to see if there's something there to explore further is not getting any reply. I mean really how hard is it to simply message back that you have no interest in the person. Sometimes I think that they just don't get to the site very often... but after a while I realize that there is nothing coming back from her.
What is so hard about just saying that they aren't interested? Why leave a guy just hanging in the wind?
I always read the whole profile before going any further...

Captnron59 9 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree, I send polite contacts and get ignored. I am a grown man, thanks but no thanks, have a good life is cool. Ignoring a contact, when you have a profile on a dating site anmd are inviting contacts is poor form. Sorry ladies, but it is. Courtesy costs nothing.
That said, I have not contacted anyone on this site other than for conversation and all have been very nice.

What ever happened to meeting people the old fashioned way? I met my last girlfriend in a bookstore, and the one before that at a mutual friends party. I used to belong to a couple of dating sites, and like Cptnron59 says, it was pretty difficult to say the least. Take care and good luck

There are a lot of a scammers and they are getting better at it. Perhaps your messages are mistaken for a scammer.

Yes, often times men get nasty when they hear not interested. They refuse to accept that 2 hours is too far away. Or any other reason a woman gives.

I once gave my primary email to someone and he figured out my real first name and was pissed that I used a different name on the site. Sent me many rants about how I was liar and bitch etc.

Another time, a person connected to my employment saw me on there and thought it a good idea to bring it up in front of my co-workers.

Sometimes I log on when I get a notification but most of the time, I just ignore the notification.

Because we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't. Sometimes I feel bad not replying, but then I'm also not up for receiving an abusive email in return.
A bit of advice for you - be open to the fact that maybe this isn't just a problem with the women.

@Captnron59 Anytime you use the word "should" you're projecting your ideals onto someone else. No one has to do anything - to each his/her own. There are plenty of men who do things differently on dating sites than I would like to see - I just move on. Here's a positive way to look at it:. When a woman doesn't answer you, it may be just because she has been told by other men that they prefer not to be 'officially' rejected; i.e. it's preferable to not hear back rather than receive an email that exists for the sole purpose of delivering rejection. Also - women generally get more emails than men. It can be exhausting to try to answer all of them.

I actually prefer them not to say anything. I guess I tend to message them and forget about them. If they message back saying no I feel rejected. Sometimes they’ll actually tell my why, like they aren’t in curvy women, etc. I guess a few have said the distance is too far but good luck. Of course I’m hard on myself so I assume that they just think I’m ugly. I generally don’t message someone who is more than 90 miles away. I don’t think an hour and a half drive is too far.

there all bullshit and about money.

Disagree. Unless I’m the ONLY woman on dating sites not that way.

I mean the sites not the gender at all. there is a lot of corruption and scamming on them I've found.

On some of the site, anyone can post a picture and a profile for free. However in order to view a message from another member, or to answer the member one has to subscribe and pay. they may not want to pay and cannot access your message. I had a friend who was on as a paid member, and when he unsuscribed, they kept taking thier montly payments from his account for four months. He had so much trouble trying to get them to stop and to try and get his money back. I don't think he ever got his money back.

I read way to many accounts of guys going off on women who say "no thanks." These men seriously seem to think that she owes them something because they find her interesting or attractive or whatever. They harrass, belittle, shame and just generally try to make her feel miserable because she said no. I totally understand why many would not respond at all in order to avoid that.

I'm not saying you are one of those guys, or even that they are in the majority, but how does she know that until it after the fact? It is truly unfortunate because it could be so much better and civil all the way around.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32297
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.