Agnostic.com

4 1

For those of you who drink bulletproof coffee, can you share your best recipes? How do you "blend" yours?

orange_girl 8 Mar 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fresh is best. I grow my own, process to green bean stage and seal. Roast bit at a time, the best is when ground freshly roasted just before you make your coffee.

I just want straight coffee in a French press, 4 scoops coarse ground coffee, 3 packets Sweet & Low, add boiling water, gently stir, steep 4+ minutes, press, pour, enjoy.

I don't need no mochoa cappuccino-frappuccino crap.

(photo credit: me)

i suggest you might try less-than-boiling water. I use 175 for French roast, a bit lower for Italian, to extract all the flavor but never burn the (freshly ground) beans.

@A2Jennifer Thanx but my water kettle does not have a thermometer.

I am a coffee snob - I use an instant read thermometer to obtain the perfect brewing temp! @Wrytyr

@A2Jennifer I am not that much of a snob. Water that is 10, 20 30 degrees too hot is not that important in my grand scheme of things.

Bullet proof as in high caffeine? Or as in dark roast, heavy bodied?

My best tasting coffee results from freshly grinding a smokey espresso roast coarsely in a hand cranked burr grinder, steeped with 205degF water in a french press for five minutes. I add some creme and sugar, and nibble on a square of Ghiradeli 72% cocoa dark chocolate, while enjoying the coffee. I recommend this ritual most highly! (:

Note: I've had to curb my caffeine (it worsened fibro-cystic breast changes) and so blend about 80% decaf beans with 20% regular espresson beans.

Also note: coarse grinding is for the french press brew method. To make a true espresso, one uses a fine grind in an espresso machine.

Zster Level 8 Mar 4, 2018

i buy good beans, grind them and drink imediatly with milk and sugar.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32369
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.