Agnostic.com

4 7

LINK Mayor Pete Buttigieg's Christian grace, humility message is necessary

"What advice does Mayor Pete have for those struggling to be graceful toward those with whom we disagree politically? “Well, I think it starts with a certain amount of humility and recognizing that how you voted doesn't make you a good person or a bad person, and we shouldn't think of ourselves as better human beings because of how we voted,” he said.

In our pugilistic take-no-prisoners era, preaching grace toward those on the other side of the political fence is decidedly countercultural. Whether Mayor Pete becomes our nation’s first millennial president or not, he has already started a crucial conversation for the country."

AtheistReader 7 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In the dictionary, next to the word moron, is pete buttigeige's photo

Level 1 Sep 4, 2020

Well, I don't know about you, and a nod of apology to all politically correct people everywhere, but I DO think how you vote has a lot to say about whether you're an intelligent, rational, "good" person, or not. Not to start a fruitless political debate, but I venture to guess a person who votes fir, say, Berniie, is a VERY different type of human being than one who votes for, say, the Donsld.

So far, so good, with this guy.
If 45 and Pence were beaten by a gay guy, Pence's head would explode!
???

Seriously. They're still angry about the black guy and the woman that they actually beat.

@Olnoseven
"Angry"????
Hell, they're fucking obsessed! A black guy and a woman?
Two things they both abhor.

Oh hell yes. If Buttigieg were to get the nomination, they'd have to look
really hard at how to attack him, because he checks all the boxes that they can't touch without blowing themselves up.

He's a veteran, neither of them are, and as we all know, 45 actively dodged the draft through dishonesty.
They can't attack him on his service. That would destroy them.
They can't attack him for being gay. That would destroy them.
They can't attack his faith, because that would destroy them.
He's got more experience than 45 had.
He's from Pence's home state.
Yeah, Pete would destroy 45 if he ran against him, and he'd be so damned nice about it in the process.
LOLOLOLOLOL

The more I hear about this guy, the more I like him. I hope I like his policy ideas as much as I like him personally.

So far, I've heard him interviewed several times. He has come across as intelligent, thoughtful, polite, kind, knowledgeable about the issues.
I'm absolutely supporting whomever runs against the debacle that is 45/Pence, and I'm really hoping it's going to be Pete Buttigieg.

@KKGator My only concern is electability, and the American electorate has given new ideas support in the past. But the republican smear machine, bolstered by Fox and naked bigotry, will be a formidable obstacle.

@zeuser I'm really okay with using the same tactics against the republicans.
Turn their own shit back on them. It's the least they deserve.

@KKGator Well, the talking yam smears himself, and his moronic followers love it. So I dunno if that tactic works in reverse. Mayor Pete seems like he wants to rise above it. We'll see how that plays out.

@zeuser His moronic followers do not make up the majority of the electorate. Maybe 1/3, and that's being generous.
There are millions who stayed home in 2016, who won't do that again.
Especially now that 45 has shown everyone who he is.
The ONLY way 45 wins re-election is if people stay home again.

@KKGator Or if they cheat again. And they will.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:323838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.