Agnostic.com

3 1

Scroll by or offer a counter-argument?

We have all seen false information being shared on facebook. Anti-vaxxers, end times, political arguments, etc... I have a habit of commenting, when I have time, with some information that would either disprove the claim or raise a question... I am never rude nor nasty, I just want to give a bit more information. I do this as I once believed a lot of things (mainly because of my upbringing) and thanks to hearing, reading and being exposed to other facts, I finally came to realise how wrong I had been about a lot of things. I felt free and less scared of the world around me. I have attached three images as an example of just one thing I saw today. The first one is a post I found, the other two are photos that I easily found on google and shared on the comment box of the original post. When I do this though, I am accused of being a bully........
I'd love to know what you good rational people would normally do in a situation like this... Ignore or offer information? And why?

• 2 votes
  • 4 votes
BiancaNoest 3 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even people who do not like Labour ought to be horrified at this. But its not only twittering idiots - the main stream media are doing a hatchet job on JC, and robbing the democratic process of any chance to make an unbiased or informed decision.
Britian is fucked

I have a couple of facebook "friends" who post stuff like that which are obviously photoshopped images'

I usually just ignore them as the poster rarely has the intelligence to debate the subject

I don't see anything bullying about showing photographs. Perhaps you got through to someone, though some people simply have a strong dislike for factual information. I think you should keep trying.

Carin Level 8 Apr 6, 2019

Today, one of my cousins posted that Mick Jagger coming to the US for heart surgery was proof that socialized medicine (health care for all) was a bad idea, complete failure, etc. I responded that it didn't mean that any more than him buying a limo meant that public transportation was a terrible idea, & that focusing on a what a very wealthy elite person experiences ignores & discounts the reality for the majority of human beings. No response but maybe it made someone pause for a fraction of a second? Who knows. But someone has to stand up for truth & fairness & all that good stuff & it looks like it's us.

@Carin I got a bit disheartened yesterday and needed make sure I am not the only person who thinks things should be debunked. And then somebody sent me this: [nytimes.com]
I will continue to stand for the truth. Thank you for your response!

@Carin What a strange idea that universal health care is a bad idea. Nothing wrong with private health care though. If wealthy people like Mick Jagger uses a private facility it frees up the NHS for others.

@Carin Duh. Mick has lived in the US for decades

@chazwin As his primary residence? I don't follow celebrities. But if that's so, why are people surprised he would get his medical care here rather than endure a plane trip back to the UK. It's not like he'll miss the money.

@chazwin, @Moravian Wow, that is horrifying! I wonder why it would be limited to India?

@Carin Don't know what you mean by that comment but if you think the above photographs are factual you are sadly deluded.

@Moravian OK I'm totally confused....

@Carin OK, what is limited to India ?

@Moravian Ah, now I am slightly less confused...I was trying to reply Bianca & not sure how I got you instead....she had a link to an article about murders in India. I stil have no idea why you would think I am deluded though. & it's not a polite thing to say anyway.

@Carin Sorry maybe I am mistaken but I thought you said that the photos shown on the original posting are factual when they are obviously photoshopped

@Moravian They are blatantly photoshopped.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:324848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.