Agnostic.com

5 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So an atheist with sincerely held beliefs can discriminate against religious minorities ?. Lets hope they think this through properly.
It was around 1973 that a private members bill was presented to the house at Westminster. It was called "The night assemblies bill" and attempted to restrict the number of people gathering together overnight to a very small number. It was aimed solely at rock festivals which were becoming common then. I mean we can't have those bloody hippies getting together, listening to the devils music,taking drugs and fornicating all weekend can we ?.

Of course it was thrown out when they realised that they could not discriminate against rock festivals solely but had to include things like scout jamborees.

Lets hope this bill goes the same way.

Is there any other bigotry other than faith based??

One more reason why I hate this fucking state.

If it mandates that the licensed professional state the bigotry in all advertisements or public info I would be OK. Their business would fall off pretty drastically from nice people shunning them.

I'm old enough to remember when we had a constitution that required the separation of church and state. Times change I guess.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:327082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.