Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK New Zealand's parliament votes 119-1 to change gun laws after Christchurch massacre - CNN

Must be nice to live somewhere where the stupid people aren't in charge!

New Zealand's parliament has voted almost unanimously in favor of changing the country's gun laws, less than a month after a mass shooting left 50 people dead.

Members of parliament voted 119 to 1 in favor of the ban on military-style semi-automatic weapons Wednesday, as Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern told lawmakers they were giving "a voice" to those killed in the Christchurch massacre.
Once the bill is granted royal assent by the country's governor-general, it could come into force as law as soon as Friday, TVNZ reported.

jerry99 8 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

...if it hadn’t been for New Zealand's threat of devastating earthquakes ..I may have looked a bit deeper into their entry requirements. As is, my nation’s being left in the dust ..or would that be gun smoke 😕

Varn Level 8 Apr 10, 2019

I did look into it, but they didn't seem interested in retirees.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:328354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.