Agnostic.com

10 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

patriachal theocrats just won't protect women from legalized rape at any age called church wedding documentation

Of course. They all envy Roy Moore.

I read today that, after a lot of public shaming, the bill is being reconsidered. I hope it passes.

This kind of attitude doesn't surprise me, though. I lived in Kentucky for about 11 years, and some of the bullshit those people believe is right and moral just confounds me. I'm so glad to be out of there.

marga Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

Wow! I live in KY, but shit like this still stuns me.   Just a lot of backwards ass thinking in this state

Yep! I was born and raised there. Left in the nineties and NEVER LOOKED BACK.

There was an article in the Seattle paper about this. Just another example of religious "morality".

A few years ago a woman, Deepa Mehta, produced and directed several films, " Fire", "Earth" and "Water". It deals with the issue of child brides. It is a head shaking film and the end is a real shocker. Her film won lots of awards from the west but condemnatons and protests from her country, India.

Child marriage is one of the worst aspects of Christianity. As I understand it it is only practiced by some sects but it really victimizes young women. Women ought to have the same right to grow up and determine what they really want out of life as men do. They should not be sold into marriage by their parents before they really know what they want.

AND...not just Christians! Think of Islam.

You have no idea about this horrible practice. See my comment. It is not just Christianity but often a cultural norm for many developing countries.

Imagine that. I love it when they ask how we could be moral without the ole man in the sky.

Roy Moore is a piece of shit....

[patheos.com]

Source:

Patheos.com

Opps....I realised that I posted a post....on your post. Yes I do agree that they should have never been able to stop a common sense law....

I wholeheartedly concur....and ditto for the entire GOP. Wackos, every single one of them.

So twisted and so wrong. Yet, so typical.

What. The . Fuck?!! Unbelievable especially considering how reasonable the bill is. This is some "get your pitchforks" level stuff here.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32849
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.