Agnostic.com

6 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm wondering what the real truth is here. Assange blowing open US phoney secrets, govt sanctioned crimes, false flags, deception, lies - in other words the usual US Establishment bullshit? I have no problem with that, and I'd be supporting him still. But dealing with Putin's thugs, doing business with Trump's gaggle of goons and criminals - in other words the Republican Party? Well now that's what I don't get. How could he have thought that was a good idea. Our Australian govt won't do damn thing for him. Our govt is little more than a regional office of the US and its interests. That's for sure.

the US psychos can't wait to get their hands on him. they'd just love to waterboard him, or worse.

They had to twist a lot of arms to get their hands on Assange and they did it by breaking so many international laws and conventions that it is little wonder that what used to be called journalism is now little more than propaganda. Anyone caught speaking the truth will be thrown into a dark hole and forgotten from now on. When you lose Free Press you quickly lose Free Speech.

A little melodramatic. Here we are, freely discussing the whole thing without the slightest risk of jail time.

@Gareth sorry to be the one to break this to you but the UK has been licking the Yankee boots for a long time now but this is a new low, even for the Tories.

@Gareth . . . You would not be here discussing it had Assange not revealed it, and the reason we are discussing it freely is because that cat is already out of the bag. But if you were posting something similar, I'm sure you would be well on your way to the slammer. We have what is suppose to be a "representative government", that is, we elect people who are suppose to be representing the citizens . . . . Yet the government wants to know everything about the citizens, and they do not want the citizens to know about their government. If you do not see the problem with that, then further conversation is pointless.

That sign, front and center is silly. " ...Assange, Nobel Peace Prize Nominee...", as though that means anything at all. I could be nominated, too, just like anyone else.

I think Mussolini was in that club, too.

There are few differences between what Assange did and what Daniel Ellesberg did (Ellesberg kept some secrets)... news establishments have the right to print the news regardless of its source, just as the NY Times did with the Pentagon Papers.

It is a freedom of press issue, and assuming Assange is tried by a non FISA court, which is not clear since his indictment was done in secret, this may be the main point.

cava Level 7 Apr 11, 2019

In truth, Assange is only interested in himself. He used Wikileaks in a very self-serving way to help discredit the US government and Hillary Clinton, who were seeking or would have sought his extradition. He didn't care that it would foist Trump on the US. Initially I supported him but not any more.

Even IF that were true, the US government should be confronted for the crimes it has been committing, do you really think we need soldiers in practically every other country in the world, that we should have not respect for the sovereignty of other nations, that we should allow the US government to SPY on all US citizens, contrary to the Constitution?

@THHA You're conflating two different conversations.
"Even if Hitler killed 6m Jews, he was a vegetarian - do you really think it's okay to just kill animals and eat them?"
Point taken?

That is not a conflation. I simply asked you an unrelated question which you failed to answer.

You are blaming Assange for the election of Trump ? That's stretching credibility a bit far.

@THHA Start a new thread and if I'm interested I'll comment.

@THHA, @Moravian That's not what I said, although some might justifiably argue that the wiki-leaked Democratic emails did affect the election's outcome.

@Gareth "he didn't care that it would foist Trump on the US" That's what it sounds like to me.
Theresa May said of Assange today " No one is above the law" Apart from the US Govt of course who flout international law at every opportunity.

@Gareth . . . "Start a new thread and if I'm interested I'll comment." I'm not going to play that game. You did not answer, that tells me enough.

So you are saying that Assange should have kept hidden the crimes commited by Obama Administration so that Trump couldn't win?

@Noor92 Where did I say that?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:328889
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.