Agnostic.com

5 7

I credit that eight years of grammar school with nourishing me in a direction where I could trust myself and trust my instincts. They gave me the tools to reject my faith. They taught me to question and think for myself and to believe in my instincts to such an extent that I just said, 'This is a wonderful fairy tale they have going here, but it's not for me.' [George Carlin in the New York Times - 20 August 1995, pg. 17. He attended Cardinal Hayes High School in the Bronx, but left during his sophomore year in 1952 and never went back to school. Before that he attended a Catholic grammar school, Corpus Christi, which he called an experimental school.]

Instead of school busing and prayer in schools, which are both controversial, why not a joint solution? Prayer in buses. Just drive these kids around all day and let them pray their f----n' empty little heads off. [George Carlin, Brain Droppings]

Happy Monday to all 🙂

Knitfreak 7 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, we all need "a little place for our stuff!"

My favorite from hisperformances was "Stuff" Can see the parents notes from Georges idea so today John/Jane doe came home from school Mom/Dad can we have mixed martial arts fights on the bus since it is actually a thing.

Right on!

may your Monday be a Dandy.

Love George Carlin-my first atheist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:32896
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.