Agnostic.com

18 3

LINK Coffee not essential for life, Swiss government says - BBC News

Blasphemy!!

By jerry998
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Obviously this is a communist plot.

Bobby9 Level 8 Apr 12, 2019

Fake News!

JimG Level 8 Apr 12, 2019

I just about shot coffee out my nose when I read this headline!

Haemish1 Level 8 Apr 12, 2019

If it's been stored since 1919 it must be a bit stale by now. Throw it away and get some fresh stuff.

Moravian Level 7 Apr 12, 2019

I never used to drink it but I have one cup in the morning now before my workout.

Not because it's essential for life - because, according to the research and experiments (I've done myself), combined with coconut oil, it increases alertness, memory and helps me kick ass at the gym.

I drink it through a straw to prevent it from staining my teeth.

Athena Level 8 Apr 11, 2019

I always put some coconut oil in my coffee too - even if I don’t go to the gym anymore:/

@Haemish1

Coconut oil is a medium chain triglyceride and is still good for brain function and health, even if you don't workout.

@Athena
One doctor told me it helps your liver deal with the caffeine, and helps prevent “the shakes” if you have too much

@Haemish1

Yes. The fat slows the absorption of caffeine and also time releases it so your energy and alertness are more consistent throughout the day.

I was one of those people who didn't react well to coffee until I started adding fat; the recommended MCT and/or ghee.

If I ever skip it, there are no withdrawal symptoms, except that I miss a frothy warm beverage in the morning.

It is an essential food group!

ToolGuy Level 8 Apr 11, 2019

I gave up my ciggies many years ago. No way I'm giving up my morning joe without a fight!

jerry99 Level 8 Apr 11, 2019

Indeed it is essential! Lol

zesty Level 7 Apr 11, 2019

I take caffeine pills...coffee stains my teeth.

Storm1752 Level 7 Apr 11, 2019

It's a drug! Set yourselves free!

Sugar is much worse. It, like caffeine, causes altered states of mind, but also fatty liver disease, diabetes, obesity and can raise cholesterol. Fructose can do this (found in fruit).

Alcohol is also much worse and a neurotoxin.

@Athena Agreed. I never started the coffee addiction, but I did have a Diet Coke/Pepsi addiction. I gave it up last year when I started having heart palpitations. I also stopped drinking or eating anything with aspartame in it. I eat lots of fruits and veggies, but have no sugar in my house.

@Gwendolyn2018

Well, I'm very happy to hear you kicked the cola addiction. You must feel much better having done so. Aspartame is evil.

The more we experience the more wisdom we can share.

@Athena It is a bit ironic, but no, I feel no better or healthier for having kicked the cola habit. I used to weigh 250 pounds, but after losing 100 pounds 20 years ago, I have felt great since then.

@Gwendolyn2018

That is fantastic and you are amazing!

Lies!!!

I will argue that it is indeed at least critical to my enjoyment of the morning.

I'm throwing the bull-shit flag smile001.gif

Hastur Level 8 Apr 11, 2019

Can’t stand the stuff. Tastes like tobacco smells to me.

Never understood the appeal of it.

Smells like skunk to me.

It's definitely not. Loathe the stuff.

Not essential? Are you mad?

absolute necessity!

Donna_I Level 7 Apr 11, 2019

I'm living proof. One can indeed survive & thrive without coffee.

Sounds like a trick...

@mzbehavin True story. Not even one cup. I did get a coffee flavored Jelly Belly once, it flew out of my mouth like a rocket. I hate the smell, loathe the taste. ?

Second that. Never drink the stuff, tastes like one would imagine dark brown water should taste.

You're right.

No one was born needing coffee to wake up. It can become a dependency over time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:329193'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!