Agnostic.com

9 6

LINK Ex-Pope Benedict contradicts Pope Francis in unusual intervention on sexual abuse - The Washington Post

“Why did pedophilia reach such proportions?” Benedict wrote, according to the Catholic News Agency, which published the full text in English. “Ultimately, the reason is the absence of God.”

Wait, what?!?! Is he actually saying that because God was absent from the Catholic church, the church leaders had nothing to stop them from sexually abusing minors? If God's absent from the very institution that worships and promotes "His" existence, perhaps he was never there to begin with.

But, if all it takes is the perceived absence of your sky-daddy to allow you to commit morally reprehensible acts, what kind of a person are you?

This just makes my head hurt, and my heart too.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I actually support Pope Francis. He has ousted the hypocrites and appointed gay friendly bishops. The right wing of the church hate him. They want to go back to the old days when priests could live in the closet and be protected. Benedict is gay, there is absolutely no doubt about that but he is the most homophobic pope in history. I guess it is part self hatred and part self preservation. "The lady doth protest to much methinks".

So speaks Ratzinger, and I don't give a fig if I've spelled his stinking name correctly either, once an ardent member of the Hitler Youth Movement during WWII.
I'd trust a cart load of snakes before I'd trust that piece a rank Nazi Scum any day.

The sad thing that catholic leadership knows that there is no god anywhere and they just a group of con artists etc.

This is not some recent problem. Pedophilia has been going on in the Priesthood for CENTURIES! He is right about the absent of God, because there ain't one.

Will did anybody expect the Vatican to take responsibility?

They covered those crimes up for fuck's sake...

The conservatives in the catholic church 'castrated' its clergy and they now want to hypocritically blame pope Francis...one of those leading the charge, bye the bye is Steve Bannon.

cava Level 7 Apr 12, 2019

He's deflecting. He also blamed it on a lack of laws to protect priests, for some stupid reason.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 12, 2019

Says the nazi sympathiser

Oh, and he goes on to say... "One outcome of the sexual revolution", Benedict wrote, is that “pedophilia was then also diagnosed as allowed and appropriate.”

Diagnosed as allowed AND appropriate?!?!? You guys are suppose to be priests not physicians. So much for the church holding the moral high ground. Pedophilia has never been allowed or appropriate. Benedict has turned up his "blame-thrower" to a twelve to blame anything but his own institution and its leadership for their crimes. Pathetic.

Amen sister!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:329469
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.