10 10

Religious People On Dating Websites Are All Like...

"I'm looking for a long-term relationship, I'm interested in meeting an atheist, the last book I read was by Joyce Meyer."

Say WHAT?

If you're reading books by somebody like Joyce Meyer, you're not really interested in meeting atheists. At best, you're thinking, "Once I meet someone really nice, if they happen to be an atheist, I can bring them to God. And then we'll be so happy."

People really need to be honest with themselves before they're ready to meet someone else.

By Paul47477
Actions Follow Post Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Giving the person the benefit of the doubt, maybe she/he read the book for a good laugh.

Don’t know who she is but sounds like I don’t need to know!

ToolGuy Level 7 Apr 13, 2019

Same here.

Here in central Iowa, most people don't honestly know what Agnostic means, so I don't bother listing myself as that on Batch in my profile. In the checklist of traits part of the profile, one of the categories you can use to ID yourself on religion is Spiritual, But Not Religious. I use that one, which is become sort of the code word on Batch for indicating that either you are not religious or else a non-believer. When you look at someone's profile, you can also see which categories of religious preference they are looking for in someone to date. Only about 25% of the women my age in my area are looking for someone or will accept someone who is Spiritual, but Not Religous. The whole term makes me cringe, but that's how the game is played here. Once in a blue moon I run across a woman's profile on Batch from my area that's my age identifying as an Agnostic, which I'm sure most of the men that see it have no idea what it means and probably don't care as long as she's hot- looking.

Most likely the atheist will convert them lol

Jk1960 Level 6 Apr 12, 2019

I know that trick wouldn't work on me. I would the opposite would be true.

freedom41 Level 7 Apr 12, 2019

There will be those who do and those who don’t. There will be people on religious website who are not religious, just lonely too.

Jolanta Level 8 Apr 12, 2019

I had to Google Joyce Meyer.
I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing who she is, and I would have been completely content in my ignorance of her existence.

KKGator Level 9 Apr 12, 2019

I can't get through one day of work without seeing one of her books in someone's hands or sitting on a shelf as a "gift" for someone to pick up and read. That's how the charismatics do things; they figure that if they leave Bibles and books and pamphlets in random places, "God" will see to it that the right person will pick one up and read it.

Not sure how they account for it when I scoop them up and toss them in the trash. Probably I'm an agent of the Devil.

Edited

@Paul4747 Always loved that the Church Lady on SNL was played by a gay man, how ironic...

@TomMcGiverin Dana Carvey isn't a gay man. You have been misinformed.

@KKGator Guess I was then. No offense meant.

@TomMcGiverin No worries. I certainly wasn't offended, and I sincerely doubt he would ever know.
I just try to keep things factual whenever possible.

@KKGator Sounds good. I always Carvey on SNL and thought he was very funny, as was his sidekick Mike Myers.

i don't know joyce meyer. i can imagine, though. anyway i don't hang out on dating websites (for me, this isn't a dating website). i have my guy until his alzheimer's takes him away from me.

g

genessa Level 8 Apr 12, 2019

Short answer: Joyce Meyer (born Pauline Joyce Hutchison; June 4, 1943) is an American Charismatic Christian author and speaker and president of Joyce Meyer Ministries.

Long answer: see here. [en.wikipedia.org]

@Paul4747 oh that's play; the short answer was pretty much what i imagined, thanks smile001.gif)

g

If I had a dollar ... I could buy myself a custom made man with the money I made from every theist that was gonna save my soul and fornicate with me. smh

(Just this passed week? 5 soul-savers. And this is with a disclaimer that I don't do religion or the religious. ? It's tough getting old, being single and being in the Bible Belt. They want to procreate when young, they're worried about dying/Heaven/Hell when older. And that sums up why I'm single, don't date, and am starting my cat collecting in earnest.) ???

Do you want to go to bible study some time?
?

I don't save souls, I'm not going to venture a comment on the other. smile009.gif

I hear you. I’ve stated baldly: no religious, no Republicans. Their first message: Wanting a god-fearing woman???

@CarolinaGirl60 I think we're cursed with the same admirers. I also get inflamed Trumpsters. They actually take the time to write, just to tell me I'm a product of fake news. My instruction to use the back button is clearly too much spelling & grammar for them. sigh (Those god-fearing women ones make me giggle a little. I keep a Pastafarian picture in private so I can proselytize a little in return.) ???

@SeaGreenEyez I finally left all other dating sites, because my profile had gotten so hostile, lol. I’m a magnet for crazy people as it is: narcissists and sociopaths. I just got so tired of the endless screening!
Good for you for spreading the gospel of the FSM!

must be a parallel to the old joke about being bisexual doubling your chances of a date...

Allamanda Level 7 Apr 12, 2019

I'm fighting fire with fire. I plan to seduce a Catholic and turn her away from the One True Church. smile009.gif

It is a joke, too, lol. I’m bi. Men think: THREESOME!
Women think: not gay enough.
Can’t win!

Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.com is the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!