Agnostic.com

16 1

When will Donald Trump leave or be forced from office?

Joyful1 5 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it will likely tke until after those elected in the 2018 midtems take office and are seated in Han of 2019... unfortunately.

Even if Mueller lays out a logn lone of evidence of obvious wrong doing before then, republicans wont' tke any action.

Because of Pence, it is probably best for Trump to serve out his 4 years and get voted out in 2020. Who knows if this will happen or not, but I see it as the least of several very distasteful possibilities.

It is unfortunate that the real problem isn't Trump - he's just a symptom. The real problem is a society where too many people can be suckered in by his bombastic rhetoric - a society where too many people are more concerned about themself than their community - a society of NIMBYs...that's an old gaming acronym which stands for "Not in my back yard"...who don't really care what happens outside their own little circle, so long as it doesn't affect them personally - a society where people are either too lazy or too uncaring to employ a little critical thinking and analysis - a society where too many people have become "binary", embracing simplistic right or wrong interpretations of issues that are far more complex than that - a society where too many people see no hypocrisy in embracing logic that supports their argument, and yet dismissing that same logic when it does not.

In other words, a society of the entitled - ripe for a con man who speaks their language and tells them what they want to hear..."Daddy will make it all better".

Great points jasil100.

As soon as Obama is tried for his crimes, so never.

@TjallTjallOUTLK point is that we know for a fact that Obama signed off on multiple felonies that are tantamount to treason but Trump hasn't even been offically charged with collusion. They will never impeach a president, it's too risky and makes us look even worse. This is exactly what Obama lovers used to say when I could prove Obama's crimes. The only difference is I had evidence.

I've no more faith in this country. I'm convinced this guy could rape a baby on tv and he'd still be there. Total nightmare fuel.
Nothing is going to change until things get super bloody gnarly for him, the corporations, entities and zombies who put him there. Nothing.

I don't know but after the election I bet my co-worker he wouldn't make it the entire four years. If Dems do good in 2018 it could happen. He also might choke on a chicken bone and die,

I was so delighted today watching CNN when someone referred to Trump as 'The Manchurian Candidate'. I've been calling him this for months, including here. You can always smell a rat, right? If Old Blue Eyes were here, I bet he'd say it. Nice to see that connection finally start to enter the debate. As for when he'll go, well, he won't go dignified like Nixon. At least Nixon did that. No, Trump will bring down the edifice, if he can. His Russian handlers will be so pleased. I can't decide if Trump is America's Greek Tragedy, or Roman Farce. It gives me no pleasure to say that.

soon i hope

Before month's end. Just wishful thinking.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

Well, fool that he is, he is still safer for us than Pence. The one thing that has happened with Trump has been a great political awakening that wouldn't have happened with Hillary. More people are seeing how horribly corrupt our government is. Now we just have to find a way to get people to see the treachery of main-stream media.

When his second term ends in 2024? Unless the economy completely tanks before 2020, he will likely get reelected, since the Dems seem to have learned nothing from their loss in 2016. Anything is possible of course, but that seems the most likely the way things are going now.

The problem is his vice president is far more dangerous than he is. Prefer the incompetent asshole to the competent one.

The bigger picture is that it's going to take decades to unravel the damage he is doing. Americans may not learn from their last mistake of voting him in. And then an even bigger perspective is the inevitable global power shift away from the USA. Political scientists say it's China. Who really knows. Shorter term though, he's providing lots of material for standup comics...

I think China is a pretty good bet in that regard.

Not soon enough.

My sentiments exactly.

You called that one!

Soon, but then you’ll have Pence. I feel he could be even worse.

Livia Level 6 Mar 5, 2018

I have to say I see no upside whatsoever before 2020 unless there is some sort of a miracle and of course I don't believe in those. The Democrats might get a decent majority this fall and they could then somewhat hold either the current Commander-in-Shit or Pense in check for a couple of years. Trump seems the greater threat because he is clearly unstable.

gearl Level 8 Mar 5, 2018

There's a Canadian sniper who broke the world record for marksmanship last year when he took out a live target over 3.5 kilometers away. The bullet took over 20 seconds to reach its target. I'm a proud Canadian, but a terrible shot. I could only hope.

@43teach - it would be the lesser of 2 evils.

I find it abhorrent to celebrate the killing of another human being, but that sniper made an absolutely awesome shot. Right up there with Carlos Hathcock.

Of course it's not a happy time @43teach. I'm seriously unhappy that we leave the world in this shape for our children. Seriously sad. The nuclear threat escalating thanks for North Korea, the USA, and now Russia.

These idiots have no idea the damage they're doing. It's why I'm half serious about us hitting the reset button to bring on a near-extinction event that wakes us all up.

But then, maybe we'd just do it all over again... It's seriously why I just say "eat, drink, and be merry."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33022
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.