Agnostic.com

9 12

Being on this site has given me a lot of food for thought in particular about dating. I've seen questions about what is a preferred type and about status of potential partners. This has helped me fine tune what I need to have from a relationship and it's this. a) to know what healthy boundaries need to be in place that look after my physical, mental and emotional needs. b) To know in advance what I would consider a deal breaker.
All other things like personality, looks, wealth (or not) health etc must be secondary for me.

How about you??

psycheworks 8 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It has been impossible for me to determine what boundaries need to be in place until after spending time (years possibly) with a person. I must be looking at this wrong. Some deal breakers are easy to see; others just pop up out of nowhere. I think it's time to go to bed. I feel depressed.

Actually, you may be wise beyond your years, Grasshopper. I think you've got it right. Isn't every relationship different, requiring different boundaries, different set of negotiations? And all this depends on what two parties bring to the table. I think a lot of it is just intuitive if we let it be.
(sorry...you 'tagged' my comment and then I read yours and you ended with 'depressed'. That word just triggers the mom in me. lol)

@crazycurlz Sorry for the 'word'. Your post didn't make me feel depressed. I had answered another post and the answers there made me depressed, plus I was tired. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

I don't think it's likely I'd find someone for me on this site, but at least it's somewhat possible. If nothing else, it gives me relief from alt-right attacks and condemning Scriptures whenever I mention LGBTQ issues or science.

Its still early days for me beiing single again. and lots of things are changing but....the site has helped me to realise that 'dating' is not that important. I've had a look at other dating sites and, I'm sure they are fine but it just seems strange to 'pick' someone based on a photograph and a couple of paragraphs of text. And even stranger to pay money to do that. Its too easy to come up with a checklist of attributes that a potential partner should have. Those of us that remember life pre internet didnt do that. We pretty much dated whoever was available and tried to make that work. Things ARE different now. And, there are deal breakers obviously, but if I continue to hold out for a concertina playing, boat owning millionairess....

Being single again was a little bit of a shock and there are some definate disadvantages BUT now, six months or so in, I'm coming round to the idea and starting to see some of the benefits.

While I'm definately open to the idea, I think persuing 'dating' would be to focus on something I havnt got and, therfore, a little negative.
I think I'm going to focus much more on the advantages. Carry on doing the things I love, try some new things and look out for more sociable opportunties to do 'stuff'. I may or may not meet that millionairess but I'll certainly have some craic along the way

I like this site but probably not for its dating Stimulates the grey matter a little bit and Convinces me that americans are a strange but lovely people 😉

Hahaha funny board, psyche. I'm new here and just starting back into dating but I am sure I'm already beginning to put together priorities, too. Thanks for the good food for thought.

Agreed this group is great for its diversity of subjects and options. I think it's cause once you get away from religion your thought pattern returns to logic.

For me, all the main issues are tied up in personality.

I saw Fifty Shades Of Gray & felt most sex is ok but not toture!

Can't fault point A. "My time for me" is essential.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33024
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.