Agnostic.com

13 4

What are the Benefits

Just wondering if there are any perks to leveling up? Should I be chasing that carrot?

jonvan 5 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One word: “Brylcreem”.

I've Come Back

I do know that level 5 and higher has their posts go up immediately withotu beign reviewed first. For a while as a higher level member, I saw posts which I hd the authority to approve for general posting. Haven't seen tht for a whiel though.

I think for myself that there isnt any benefit in chasing the carrot the benefit is interacting with others who are like minded and also havign a bit of fun.

It helps you learn to count to 10. Other than that I have no idea.

Dammit, I want my two superpowers and a pony

velk Level 4 Mar 6, 2018

I,m told you get xray vision , untold riches and worshipped on a Sunday morning . This only applies at level 6 and above .

All true, but you forgot to mention the unicorn that shows up about a week after you make level 8.....

Quit chasing the carrot and just enjoy the journey. 

Well I hadn't started chasing the carrot so it's good to know it's pointless. I'm one of those guys that asks for directions when I'm lost ...

Nah, once you are up the first couple and can contact others it all falls in place. You go up the levels over time, but not much happens.

Levels mean you've put in some time.

You meet others this way - and people can see you aren't a terrible person (going by your posts) one would hope! 😉

So yes there's more to it then just being able to approve posts or not.

It helps people get to know you.

If someone clicks on your profile they'll be able to see what posts you've responded to and what you've posted. It's a way to get to know what interests you at the very least.

The first few levels go fast. The "perks" are not that big of a deal. DWAI and do what you gonna.

I like being a high level just for kicks and giggles and admin privelage

i don't think so really

Not a lot. It's initially a way to weed out the spammers, so they can't immediately contact members. There are some added features as you rise in the ranks, but I don't think it's a huge benefit. I'd say to just enjoy the site and forums for their own sake.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33108
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.