Agnostic.com

5 1

I don't understand women....

I don't understand women on dating sites. Let me broaden that out- I don't understand women.

If I "like" a person on a dating site, it means I'm interested in her. I may follow it up with a message to express a little more. But at base, it means I'm interested. Now, if that person replied to me expressing interest of her own, that's in line with my goals, so I'm glad, right? I'm going to respond positively. So, when I send one of these "likes", I'm hoping for a response.

What I don't understand is when someone sends one and then does nothing. Doesn't even read a message I sent. I can't figure this out. Was it a mistake? If it was, she could block me, or at least say, "I hit the wrong button, sorry."

And I don't understand the phenomenon of "gradual ghosting", when someone slowly cuts back the number of messages they exchange after a really positive start, like a great first date, until finally she just isn't communicating at all. Why not be straightforward and say, "I don't think there's a spark there, let's not meet again," instead of letting hope linger in the other party? Are females that afraid of confrontation? Why isn't there a straight answer from anybody in this world?

Where can I find a woman who's basically like a guy, only with different equipment?

Paul4747 8 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's such a stupid cycle. I'm using women as the default because that's what OP complains about, but it goes both ways.

Women ghost men (and the other way around) for fear of a bad response
Therefore, men give less to each interaction, they're just going to get ghosted anyway.
Women (and men) then come to complain about the lack of good people out there, and how all their messages are just "Hi!" or "Hey there!" instead of a paragraphs-long diatribe on the intricacies or their personality gained through a thorough reading of their profile.

Cycle, repeat.

Actions, meet consequences.

Some people are very insistent and stubborn and are hard to take a negative for answer. Maybe you are not like that but all that bunch makes some women to be cautious and decide the stagnation rather than confrontation.

I think that is the problem with virtual contacts. It's easier to stop responding and not have to worry about confrontations. How many times do you see people who want to break off a relationship through texting or e-mail. Maybe with all the sexual harassment news lately women especially are worried about a bad response.

I think lots of times, they find another guy and either don't follow up on the initial "like" or just string you along for a while to see how the other guy works out.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 15, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:331317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.