Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Hail Satan?

So I just heard about this documentary about The Satanic Temple (Not to be confused with Anton LaVey's Church of Satan); on the episode 490 & 491 of Penn's Sunday School podcast. This brought me to go down the Google search rabbit hole about The Satanic Temple and wanted to get everyone's thoughts about it and their Seven Fundamental Tenets? Mind you, I have no intentions of joining or donating (not my thing), but not having seen the documentary it sounds like an interesting concept.

Links:

[pennsundayschool.com]

[thesatanictemple.com]

AndrewInVail 6 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I listen to PSS too, good stuff. And I love TST they seem like great people. While they mostly got the point eventually I’d be cautious of letting that doc maker speak for them entirely since she is not a satanist. If you want to hear some primary source material on what they’re about check out the Black Mass Appeal podcast. Hosted by a few great folks from the Bay Area chapter, and they have a small presence on this site (one of their friends n occasional guests is a member on this site). They’re all just great examples of atheists fighting religion with religion, but staying laid back and having fun in the face of political adversity. It’s an inspiring organization to me and I do now consider myself satanist by their definition. Hail satan!

As a fly in the ointment, they have my respect. Anyone who puts that much effort into fucking with the established theocracy using their own beliefs to play against the center rocks!

I love that the satanists are beating the christian's at their own game.
Beyond that, I'm out.

The seven tenets make sense.

Hail me.... That's all I've ever known, all I ever will

These are just a bunch of pissed off athiests, like LaVey. Penn & Teller BULLSHIT! is mostly full of shit. I've met Penn.

Now, there are some theistic luciferians. Mistrolanthic Luciferian Order is one. The Temple of the Black Light is another.

I read an FBI report that they said there is not really any organized satanic cults. Watch The Devil's Mass. Itt made me laugh at times!

Sorry, the keyboard sticks, and I don't want to try and edit one letter 20 times.

Penn seems to me to be a big dick stuck on his ego. Anyway, in the early 80's I met a large group of Satanists in San Diego, leader based in Coronado Island. All fine upstanding citizens who liked helping the needy, etc. They had Great weed. My assessment of them was: they aren't much different than more or less liberal xtions, only coming at things from a different angle. Needless to say, I didn't want to join them either. Did I mention, they had Great pot.

I find myself agreeing with ST tenents. The work the do is important but I am not a memeber.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:333580
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.