Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Prison-Based Gerrymandering Reform | NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund

“Prison-based gerrymandering” is a practice whereby many states and local governments count incarcerated persons as residents of the areas where they are housed when election district lines are drawn. This practice distorts our democratic process by artificially inflating the population count—and thus, the political influence—of the districts where prisons and jails are located. As a result, the voting power of everyone living outside of those districts is weakened.

HippieChick58 9 Apr 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This also happens in places like where I live - the population increases when the students are here for college. Allocation of resources becomes a numbers game, as a friend of mine pointed out, if you average my income with Bill Gates' I'm a billionaire also.

Send us your felons - and not only do we get more voting power, the fed pays us extra!

Well put.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:334129
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.