Agnostic.com

5 1

Take vaccine or not take vaccine

Take vaccine or not take vaccine
to have good health

I am in various facebook groups, groups in Brazil, and I've seen post from
several women saying they would not vaccinate their children,
and that he wanted to go to court to not have the right to vaccinate his own children,
What do you think of these?
dumb woman and donkey
who refuses to do
something very important,
which is to vaccinate the children,
have the vaccination card up to date,
Do not vaccinate children,
because of fake news,
or for stupid reasons

Rachelscm 5 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Vaccinate!!!

When I moved across country, one of my first stops was to update all vaccines for both myself and my son. I'm old enough to have known people who were living with the effects of the diseases

This is a significant and growing problem in the US. In my community about a third of all students in private schools are not vaccinated due almost entirely to religious exemptions (plus a few medical exemptions, though I'm not sure what those are exactly). By contrast the public schools here exceed the 95% vaccination rate deemed necessary for "herd immunity".

In large measure because of lax enforcement and readily issued exemptions like these, we have measles making a comeback in my state.

This is, for once, an anti-science stance that tends to infect liberals as much or more than conservatives, although the religious exemptions are probably mostly conservatives. For liberals it is more commonly the conspiracy theories about mercury-based preservatives in the vaccines causing autism. That is no less stupid than the conservative anti-science stuff like opposition to teaching the theory of evolution.

Vaccinate. No reason not to.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 20, 2019

Maybe the reasons are stupid to us but not to them. They are just worried that is why they don't want to do it.

That should be their right, but they should take full responsibility. Their kids should be homeschooled and not be allowed in public places. An example would be pediatricians. The biggest nightmare for most pediatricians is that they accept a patient that has active measles. Many of Pediatricians patients are not old enough to be vaccinated yet, and there needs to be more pediatricians that refuse to treat or allow unvaccinated children in their waiting rooms and offices. Pro-vaccination parents I have rights too.

@Kojaksmom Yes they do. It is really very difficult situation. Either we have laws that we follow or what? Have an area that people can live in, like ghetto if they refuse?

@Jolanta I agree. I do not want unvaccinated kids or adults as part of general society. They do not have the right to endanger the lives of others due to their own ignorance of science. Vaccines have saved millions of lives in the past 100 years. We need to continue to enjoy healthy lives with more research and medical advancements.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:334297
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.