Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK GOPer: I Am Not Worried About A Measles Outbreak Because We Have Antibiotics - The Intellectualist

Antibiotics are useless against measles, which is a virus:

“They want to say people are dying of measles. Yeah, in Third World countries they’re dying of measles. Today, with antibiotics and that kind of stuff, they’re not dying in America.”

• Texas state representative Bill Zedler (R-Arlington)
snytiger6 9 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Antibiotics can ONLY alleviate the symptoms of the Measles BUT the Measle virus can, and does, often cross the blood-brain barrier and result in the patient contracting a FATAL dose of Encephalitis.
Immunisation PREVENTS this from occurring.

At best, antibiotics can help prevent secondary infections of pustules. Antibiotics only works on bacteria, not viruses.

@snytiger6 There ARE antibiotics available that actually ARE designed to attack and destroy viruses in case you were unaware.

@Triphid Just did a quick search on Google and found nothing to support your claim that antibiotics can treat some viruses. In fact, the information out there says not.

There are some vaccines to prevent some virus infections. But, vaccines and antibiotics are two different things.

If you know where there is information on a medical websire or medical journal that supports wha tyou said, I'd be happy to read it, as I am alwasy willing to learn new things.

@snytiger6 My info comes straight from Medical Journals that I've been receiving ever since I was a practicing Nurse.

@Triphid Strange then tht it didn't come up on the net when I searched for it.

@snytiger6 Well, the 'net' does NOT really know everything in case you were unaware of that fact.

Sometimes I wish stupid hurt.

Like touching a hot stove hurt.

I mean the stupid one.

Not the one having stupid cast upon them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:334571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.