Agnostic.com

27 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well it's hard to comment on a double layered expression of this govenor. As far as it is for Kim Davis, who is expressing that that same-sex marriage violates her religious freedom, she is expressing bullshit. Her religious freedom is not violated as far as it keeps within the limits of her church. If she, because of her job, has to marry same-sex couples, she is free to resign, go to her church, become a minister or other official, and marry people within her religious boundaries.
But actually I'm not sure if I know enough of the matter to have a solid opionion on that, other than "people that want to marry (this is a legal contract) should be able to do so whatever gender they have. Even close family, like brothers and sisters or what you can think of it should be able to do so, if they can give a guarantee that consepting a child is impossible, because marriage is just a legal statement between the partners. Nothing more than helping to organize their life. What churches add to that, I don't care. But we have to cherrish the separation between state and church.

Gert Level 7 Mar 7, 2018

What was it KY didn't like about Steve Beshear?

@Crimson67 Saw an interview with him on the topic of Kynect(?) . He did not strike me as a bad guy, seemed thoughtful and eloquent to me. What a shame.
What i recall of the piece was people liked their Kynect but didn't realize it was only possible because of the ACA aka "Obamacare" . smh

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33461
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.