Agnostic.com

3 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree also,-was shocked at the fact of the
video games. The psychologists should be
given more preventive options & resourses.
The facts need to be further broadcast
to those who could inform or deter other
tradgities. Thanks for the clarity.

I have seen the interviews, read and watched as much information on this as possible, because my girlfriend’s son attended columbine. He was sick the day of the shooting and was at home. I will never forget her phone call to me on that day. Everything changed for me that day and I have never recovered...I just learned to move on like so many others.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriends son. It’s terrifying to think about the what if but at the same time I’m glad you moved on. It is a tragedy and no one should have to go through it. No child should have to attend class with having an escape route in mind in case a shooter enters the campus. It’s very sad that kids have to think about it nowadays.

@chlorine413 as a high school teacher...it is the worst feeling to know our children must learn drills of survival from a shooter on school campus. I never thought I would ever see this day. I honestly thought our country would do something that held change and meaning. But I was wrong so very wrong. I have given up and have a somewhat apathetic response to mass shootings now because there isn’t much left of my heart after one of these tragedies.

Finally so one else gets it. I have been stating all along that there is a connection between publicizing shootings and new mass shootings. A shooting spawns days of exploitation by the media with films of candle light vigils ad nausium.

And obviously prayers have never worked. That’s what kills me after every one of these events because let’s face it...they are now media spectacles or events...prayers will not stop or resolve this behavior. So sad

@DiThor The relgious never seem to get that prayers have no effect upon the physical world.

@dahermit agree I never have been able to understand or accept that behavior. I think it gives people a false sense of “doing” something when in reality it just gives them a pass to sit on their ass...so to speak.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:335544
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.