Agnostic.com

15 0

Name an old school word that we don't use anymore.

My answer: typewriter.

bleurowz 8 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fliberty-gibbet

Tallywhacker.
Lol.

Just a passive observation here, but it's interesting to note both the word tallywhacker and Trump start with the letter T.

Like I said, just a passive observation there.

The leather.

Snidey (penny pinching in an extreme way)

Chewy-winder (at the ice rink a girl who can't skate would wind chewing gum round her finger and say to someone who can skate: Will you take us round?)

Pen and pencil. Lol

zesty Level 7 Apr 25, 2019

Droping dimes, ( Gossiping )
Get away stcks, ( legs )
Blockbuster,

Narly, totally, fer sure, valley girl

i use all the damned words! i use words other people SHOULD be using, like "twice" and "easier" instead of "two times" and "more easy." watch a couple tv commercials or narrated documentaries and you'll see what i mean.

copacetic. groovy. i still say those.

okay i don't say ice box, but i never did. i'm only 67. i missed ice box.

g

p.s. glad to see you corrected the meme. "a old school"? seriously?

Word processor
Whiffletree
Walschaerts valve
Walkman

Blackboard. I believe they now use whiteboards.

There were greenboards for a while too.

Cassettes.

Eight track.

Tolable. LMAO. Had an Uncle who would say something was "tolable". I didn't know for thirty years he was mispronouncing TOLERABLE>

Floppy disk

"Spastic" - as in, "Oh my god Emily, you're such a spastic". Also "spaz", "spazmobile", "spazmo" and numerous other insults based on a term used for suffering the effects of cerebral palsy. I would be mortified if a recording were to be found of me using those words 35 years ago!

Jnei Level 8 Apr 24, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:336723
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.