Agnostic.com

12 7

Maddening foot injury prevents hiking

Today I could not go hiking due to a foot injury.

Yesterday I washed bed sheets. In the bedroom by the door, pillows hid the chair legs. Barefoot, I strode purposefully into the bedroom, clean sheets in arms.

Tripped over the chair leg, yanking bare toes violently apart. (Bad word)

Another fine job. Iced before bed last night. Still deeply bruised and painful.

The bruise is spreading. Took this photo this morning after icing for 20 minutes.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sorry. I know how much you love to hike.

UPDATE:

This afternoon, I got a call from the doctor at the walk-in clinic. The radiologist saw a possible, partial bone crack/break at the base of the fourth toe, where it connects to the foot. That's where it hurts.

Will follow up with my regular doctor on May 4. May need more x-rays or an MRI.

"Continue with RICE: rest, ice, compression and elevation for two weeks," the doctor said. "And take ibuprofen. See how it feels."

Good news! Today I had x-rays. No broken bones in my foot. I feel tremendously relieved.

I am so glad...it was still a painful injury...heal to hike another day!! YAY!

Sorry for you pain and injury,,hope it feels better soon..Then on the lighter side it did exactly what it was suppose to do find the furniture

Infuriating when you do something harmful to yourself and immediately know it was your own fault!

This morning, it looks like a metatarsal bone popped up under the skin. I will go to an outpatient clinic when it opens at 8 a.m.

With a high pain tolerance, I waited four days before going to the doctor after breaking my wrist and index finger in a fall. Did the usual "wait and see" routine: rest, ice, compression, elevation and ibuprofen.

"My hand hurts," I said mildly to my doctor, extending my hand.

"It's broken!" she exclaimed. "Your wrist and index finger are broken. Go to the hospital right now!"

as my mom used to say.... about as graceful as a 3-legged llama...

It is both frustrating and saddening when our aging bodies tell us that we need to lessen activities that we genuinely love.

So sorry to hear about your injury, Hope that you heal quickly.

Hang in there. Go see your doctor or out patients at closest hospital.

Get X-Ray quickly probably fracture

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 25, 2019

Looks like a fracture of distal head of 3rd or 4th metatarsal . Retired PA and army medical corp

@bobwjr

Thanks. I will make an appointment tomorrow to see a doctor.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:337325
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.