Agnostic.com

0 0

LINK Here’s a Handy Impeachment Refresher for Donald Trump | The Nation

Not that he's likely to read or understand anything.

"Even as he was announcing that “we’re fighting all the subpoenas” from congressional committees, Trump was ranting about how “there has NEVER been a President who has been more transparent.”

The tragedy of this presidency at this point is that, in addition to the troubles created by the report from special counsel Robert Mueller, Trump is plagued by his own ignorance.

The most constitutionally ill-informed president in history tweeted on Wednesday that “The Mueller Report, despite being written by Angry Democrats and Trump Haters, and with unlimited money behind it ($35,000,000), didn’t lay a glove on me. I DID NOTHING WRONG. If the partisan Dems ever tried to Impeach, I would first head to the U.S. Supreme Court.”

Good luck with that.

The US House of Representatives, not the Supreme Court, impeaches presidents. If a majority of House members endorses an article of impeachment against a sitting president, the case proceeds to the Senate for a trial. Senators consider the evidence, debate, and then vote on whether the president will be removed.

This is all spelled out in plain English by the US Constitution, which announces in Article I, Section 2, that “The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.”"

jerry99 8 Apr 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:338695