Agnostic.com

18 8

Would you support bringing back the original United States motto “E Pluribus unum (Out of many, one)” over the divisive one we currently have that was adopted in 1956 during the Red Scare: “In God we Trust”?

Many atheist groups have supported bringing back the original motto. Funny thing is they never ask for a divisive motto like: In no gods we trust.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely! That has always bothered me

That is a great motto. It needs to come back.

Yes, I do - as well as removing "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance for the same reason; it was only added by Pres. Eisenhower.

I never say it and my very theatrical voice leaves a big obvious hole in the recitation

It describes what the United States is made out of and should stand for the world.

Wholeheartedly!

JimG Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

It's not English. We can't have that. America is an English-speaking nation!

J/K. I'm fully in favor.

Ha ha, have you ever heard anyone who was fluent in English say that?

Wrong we speak Amurican in America ! 😀

Absolutely.

Iffy Level 5 Mar 8, 2018

I agree that E Pluribus Unum is more a true defintion of what America was founded on. There were some seriously wrong limitations at first and its still taking us longer then should to get to that type of inclusion, but its what that motto means to me.
So Yes we should bring it back.

Yes I would, and I imagine that conservatives would fight it tooth and nail because to them it represents diversity, tolerance of the Hated Other, and the dilution of godliness in America.

Yes, pleeze

Absolutely.

I love the original. I don't understand why they have to have their god's name plastered all over everything before they're happy.

Absolutely.

Yes. Yes, I would.

I support going back to "e pluribus unum" whole heartedly

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33909
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.