Agnostic.com

12 5

QUESTION How can I get my coworker to stop talking about God? — Ask a Manager

I may have mentioned one of my favorite blogs before, today she answered a question that y'all may be interested in.

HippieChick58 9 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well, you could be equally obnoxious about your own beliefs, but then it would probably get you fired because you don't possess the same freedom of speech they have to spew their religious filth. Maybe you could go to a manager and explain that it is distracting and hope for the best.

Show the coworker your stigmata and tell you got nailed last night.

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 8, 2018

Tell them to 'Shut the FUCK up'!, or something like that.🙂

I wonder if she works with Kim Davis.

Tell her your position and simply say please stop preaching to me as I do not preach my position to you!

Instead of "Hi" when you see them. Simply say, "Hail Satan". They will stop after a few times of this.

I'm sure glad I'm retired.

Start talking about explicit sex, its joys and the pleasure of her husband?😀

Regarding her advice to be direct:

• “I’d rather not talk about anything religious at work.”
  • “Oh, I definitely don’t want to talk about God in the office.”
  • “I’m not really comfortable discussing religion with coworkers — thanks for understanding.”

This is great but I'd append "It's unprofessional." to all three of them. I think it establishes the real contextual basis for this request (it is not just a hateful atheist reacting to god like a demon reacting to a crucifix) and reminds her that the HR function of the business will take your side. Particluarly when you point out she spends 40 minutes gabbering with a remote employee about the will of god. Does she think it's the will of god for her to spend huge swaths of time not working and not discussing / planning work matters?

Good advice!

Tell your boss that you can't get any work done because your co-worker is making you pray and listen to buy-bull stories

Find out what she knows least about, or ?, and "be" that? Ex. A Buddhist?

heh heh... Become the missionary and try to convert her? Makes sense to me. 🙂

@Dick_Martin oh I hadn't thought of that aspect. Love it. Convert them to Buddhism! 😀

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:33934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.