Agnostic.com

11 2

whats your favourite box set

Please let me know which one you prefer the most, and name others which have filled you with joy that you think deserves a mention. Obviously there are too many to mention.

• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 11 votes
RobH86 7 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm old. My first reaction was books when I saw 'box sets'. So I'm going to stick with Charles Dickens

Outlander

Scrubs. Best series I've ever watched 26 times. There are only 8 seasons and you should check them all out.

I have seen it. I loved it, and will almost certainly watch it again

The Dresden Files

Not box sets for me, but here are a few favorite series that I've watched all the way through (or that I'm caught up on):

• Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Sorry, not sorry. It's a great show with humor, action, drama, love, and loss.)
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation (I'm drawn to the more philosophical storylines, though the writers strike did it no favors.)
  • Freaks and Geeks (Yeah, only one season. I'm still sad about that. 😞)
  • That '70s Show (Good comedy, fun characters, but the last couple of seasons shouldn't have existed.)
  • Babylon 5 (Strong storytelling, good contrast with Star Trek themes.)
  • Rick and Morty (Science fiction nihilism/absurdism with smart humor and wicked irreverence.)
  • BoJack Horseman (What I thought would be a really stupid cartoon turned out to be amazingly poignant dark comedy.)

Rick and Morty is a lot of fun. I want to be Rick.

I loved a bit of Buffy. Great show, although just the mention of it proves that we are showing our age

I'm confused. Are you talking about DVD sets? Books? I use streaming media and have forgotten I used to buy seasons of TV shows on video.

I don't even keep boxed book sets anymore..I store my books on Kindle cloud, or access all the free books I want through my local library Libby app.

Whole family loves

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 29, 2019

"Breaking Bad" was one of the consistently best written and acted series of American, tv history. At its best, it was Shakespearean in its tragic character analysis and downfall, but it was at times also hilarious, cringe-worthy, and so emotionally intense that some episodes leave you needing a break before you can watch another. There is not a single, weak episode or season. "Better Call Saul" is being a completely worthy follow-up. "The Wire" is also a great boxed set, and my nomination for classic boxed set is "Twilight Zone."

The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus.

I bought my Dad the whole set many years ago. He was beyond excited.

I was trying to decide between that & my box of Mr. Bean videos!

Fine wine with a pair of fine glasses.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:339352
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.