Agnostic.com

55 10

Who are your people?

People often feel kinship with certain groups. Obviously, I feel kinship with my peeps on Agnostic-- the non-religious minority 🙂 But, I also feel kinship with fellow writers and creatives. I'm sure there are others like dog lovers and those who like to cook! Oh yeah, and I love me some gamers and readers. There are probably others in groups that I can spark an instant connection with.

Besides family, who are your people?

silvereyes 8 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

55 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The introverts. But we never get together

@heffenwoozle lol

The angry people. The people who see everything that's wrong and are furious about it. People who bang their heads against walls hoping to fix things.

The misfits, those on the edge of society, the ones that can't fit in, we feel out of synch, don't share the same interests or goals. When everybody is watching some sort of reality TV we are sitting down the beach watching a moonrise. It is amazing how many people you will fine on a stretch of beach in crappy weather.

I took pictures, love it when the weather is crappy. There is a certain peacefulness

Compassionate people. I have a deep respect and appreciation for compassionate people. I don't mean the phony nice people who give in order to get. I mean those people who are compassionate from having been through tough experiences and don't ever want anyone else to be judged or harmed.

Authentic people. Those who aren't afraid to be vulnerable and don't try to hide their struggles and mistakes and who work to live more honestly.

Open people. Those who don't make me go on an archeological dig to get at what is on their minds or in their hearts.

Affectionate people. Those who don't mind long, oxytocin producing hugs, kisses that don't have to lead to sex, and hand-holding. My best friends are those who are high in affection.

Now, that being said, I have found these traits in all walks of life and education levels.

People who others see as broken. People who find humor in the dark. And of course, my fellow Deadheads.

pick up your china doll

I'm in a social club of misantrophes. We meet up every never.

snort - that's funny!

Ahhh should of read the comments before I posted

Also hippies, goths, artists, writers... honestly the list goes on, but so long as you're not an asshole or a Republican, we'll get along just fine.

Liberals/Democrats. Liberal Art majors. Texas Aggies. Black Listers. Hoop heads. Seam Heads. Czechs. Mexicans. Texans. Dallas Cowboy fans. Trivia buffs. Former newspaper reporters. Dog people. Pug people.
I retain the right to add as I think of more.
Bourbon aficianados.

First edit: Coffee fiends.
Second edit: New Wave/Punk fans; former restaurant employees.
Third edit: People who wear tie dye unironically.

Leftist and Creatives mostly..

My peeps are the ones who aren't afraid to be a dork, geek, nerd or whatever. Not interested in those who are overly concerned with socially accepted norms and behaviors. I get to know people by finding out how weird they are, so we can be weird together.

Marz Level 7 Mar 9, 2018

weirderful! i like 🙂

I like smart people. I love to listen to them talk and explain things, and pontificate on the world.

Artists, thinkers, nonconformists, dreamers, doers.

For me it's Gamer, and I don't just mean video gamers. Table top gamers, Card Based gamers. I also get along with nerds. Even if I don't know or like the fandom, I just love hear people talk about it. I feel confortable being around people who talk about what their pasionate about as long it's putting people down.

@silvereyes That is awesome. I love meeting other table top gamer. What type do you like?

@silvereyes I'm a fan of all of those games. I'm actually playing pathfinder with a group of friends right now.

Poor working folks, LGBT people, people with mental issues, philosophers..funny how most of the people I know actually are all of those. We're all the people society here would like to pretend doesn't exist. So we all just kinda find eachother

It makes for a fun Venn diagram

I feel kinship with people who pursue science and the arts. Respect too. I feel kinship with nerds and with the nonreligious. I also like certain cultures.

Me too!

My people play stringed instruments. They sing, melody and harmony. They smoke weed, drink beer and wine. My people laugh a lot and hug a lot and they look you in the eye when they say I love you. My people. I'm so lucky to have them.

I don't have any people. They are expensive and I have no place to keep them.

I unfortunately haven't truly found my people. Bits and pieces perhaps, but never ones I call mine.

I get that

I seem to surround myself with other artists, outdoor folk, music geeks, dog people, and also individuals who are none of these things, but are open minded enough to accept that we are

I like all us, and I try to like the others too, but it's hard. Like SLy says...

jeffy Level 7 Mar 8, 2018

Somewhat politically informed non-believer. Likes quiet but likes to step out once in a while.
Musically inclined.

teepee people and candy kids, mods and freaks, beach bums

For me, the last people that I feel a kinship to is blood relatives and I've been a bit of a gypsy during my adult life so I've always been able to bond with those in my current tribe. Of those, I stay in touch with the quality people I have crossed paths with, few as they are.

i'm the same with biological family.... & became a nomad due to it early on. i treasure quality over quantity in all things, but particularly with friends.

I find that I can blend in with most people. But my people are the rebels, the weirdos, and the outcasts. And of course the introverts.

My people are the broken, damaged and scarred. The real people who have problems. Also artists and musicians.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.