Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK St. Louis-area cop indicted for shooting shoplifting suspect

The excuse isn't that she was in the wrong apartment, like the cop in Texas, this one simply had "weapon confusion." Yep, that's right, cops even have a catchy name for when they shot someone rather than tase them. Jesus. Only in America. smh

(This entire article is filled with near jaw-dropping statements such as, "He noted that police officers typically train by drawing their gun, not their stun gun, and that becomes habit." SO that explains all those unarmed people being shot, the cops weren't really fearing for their lives, they just ...out of habit...drew a gun versus a taser. sigh)

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have wondered about this since it happened, and yes the training does need to be changed. There is never a reason to shoot a shoplifting suspect unless they have a visible weapon and appear to reach for it. Reasons to taser such a person should also exist before that is done as well. Did she provide open resistance to the officer?

As for that case in Texas I'm finding media shots at trying to get the cop a fair trial that rile me a bit. They keep saying that Amber Guyger mistakenly shot and killed her neighbor. That bothers me. Neighbor my ass! She was on the wrong floor of the apartment building and claims she thought this was her apartment. Working a full shift beforehand does not excuse this sort of behavior and poor judgement and her trial will have to be a complete circus.

The regularity of this nonsense has become appalling.

Training needs to be modified

How disgraceful. The excuse and the behavior. Blue virus of too much reliance on deadly force. The seeing of community as being a enemy to overcome and eliminated as opposed to be a coomunity to be protected. Really accelerated under Bush Ii when military machinery and weapons were peddled to domestic police departments. Began the militarization of local police departments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:340533
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.