Agnostic.com

9 9

The secret to a long, happy marriage

Livinlife 9 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Distance!

Lol. Probably for some

I htought my ex was joking yreas ago with her comment:
"What's yours is ours, what's ours' is mine"

She meant it and kept it all.

Ugh, so sorry to hear

@Livinlife it's all good, I have rebuilt twice since, I got custody of the kids, my life is fine, she is a lonely old lady. But, she is happy, she has lots of "stuff".

@Rugglesby I'm in glad for you!

to spend on beer

To share!

I thought it was a little funny.

Notice it is coming from a guy. He must be pretty weak to think like this. Instead of "she" it should read "we". My late partner and I often traded places; at first I was the sugar daddy, then I retired early and she became the sugar momma. Then we moved to an island and we both had an income. Just before she died she wanted to retire and I would be the sugar daddy again until she started Social Security.

We practiced something known as financial fidelty. If one wanted to spend a certain amount of money, say $400 the other would have to be consulted. We couldn't even give expensive gifts to one another (What guy in his right mind thinks he knows what kind of jewlery or clothing a woman wants?). The money was our equally.

I came into some money and wanted to get an after-life membership for FFRF. I didn't know how she would feel and waited. It was my birthday and she asked how I would feel if she got me that membership level (it costs $5,000). We both had the same thought but, given the level of money were unsure how to approach the other).

Money is supposed to be the single biggester destroyer of relationships. Maybe someone should offer classes in money management and relationships.

Hey sister, you need to stop doing stuff like this. It ain't funny and it insults women. And on International Women's Day too. Shame.

Thank you.

I just like to say a few things. First of all, do I feel shame for posting a joke? No. Do I feel happy because I have a sense of humor? Yes. Secondly, I am very aware of the strengths and power that women possess. Also the great strides that we make in the world every day. I celebrate Woman's Day 365 days a year and do not need guidelines on how to celebrate. And lastly, I'd like to offer up a quote from the classic comedy movie Stripes. "Lighten up Francis"

you just have to think of a funny rebuttal and then everyone wins

@markdevenish I'm laughing and will continue to post memes. You know- Memes R Us and all that? Onward!

@Troy onward.....

@Livinlife Unfortunately that's not a sense of humour, that's reinforcing a negative stereotype of women. But sister I'm really on your side - it's hard to break free from what society expects women to be, just like it's hard to break free of religion. If you want to discuss it further, message me and I'll be glad to help.

@GoldenDoll no thanks I think I'm good without your enlightenment

@Livinlife Debatable.

@GoldenDoll lol

@Livinlife - Am I ashamed to challenge misognyny? No."If it goes unchallenged, it becomes normalised". Try & think.
[facebook.com]

Lol. Just a joke everyone

LOL

@Sticks48 lol.

Sorry but barf.

Lighten up. It's a joke and the Simpson's is not a documentary.

@Sticks48 no it's stupid and it's furthering an idiotic and misogynistic world view. Furthermore it's not even funny. Hur,hur,hur all women are whores who just want your money. Isn't that hilarious? Like I said. Barf

@Blindbird Take some Pepto Bismo maybe you won't throw up so much.

you'll find in many households of long endurance that's exactly as it goes. it's not a bad thing to be in control of the budget. some of you girls are very good at it

@markdevenish Some of us "girls" are women. Another example of a condescending male.

@GoldenDoll right? Am I gonna get kicked of for telling both of these guys to eat a bag of dicks? Oh well @markdevenish & @sticks48 I would like to kindly invite you both to eat a bag of dicks.

@Blindbird Obvious why you are alone. You should probably get used to it.

@Sticks48 again go have yourself a bag o'dicks.

@Blindbird I'm going to have to turn down your offer as I am a strict vagitarian. 🙂

@Sticks48 Yeah fall back on the non-argument when you have nothing intelligent to offer.

@GoldenDoll There is nothing to argue about. It's a fucking joke, and it was posted by a woman!

@GoldenDoll There is nothing to argue about, its a FUCKING JOKE!

@GoldenDoll If Mark had used the term "DOLLS" instead of "GIRLS", would that have been more appropriate goldenDOLL? Shouldn't you be goldenWOMAN? This getting fun.

What's mine is mine and what's yours is negotiable.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34129
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.