Agnostic.com

59 3

What do you do for a living?

Do you like what you do? If you could do anything, and time and/or money were not an issue, what would it be?

bleurowz 8 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I write IT security software. It is hard to describe briefly beyond that, as I solve problems that most people would not realize exist and require solving.

I worked in Information Technology Security for a higher education university in Houston. I have been working at this university most of my life. I worked in finance for many years and three years ago, I decided that I needed a change as I was burnt out with the work I was doing. I'm so happy that I made that I made the transfer; the job I have now is very technically challenging and rewarding. I love my job!

Engineering Manager. I work specifically in networks and network test.

Breathing is pretty good I've found

Until recently I built high performance aircraft parts for aerobatic aircraft but developed an allergy to the chemicals used in the process, I also raise Boer goats and trying to restart my bearded iris beds.

Batman. Always be Batman.

I have done several different things. When I was young and had 3 kids and no job skills, I took in ironing, cleaned houses, cleaned a kennel/and cared for the dogs, then I found a job in a catalogue supply house, then a nurse's aid. I decided that I needed a decent paying job with flexible hours, so went to nursing school. I started working in labor & delivery and loved it. Went on to be a certified nurse midwife, and did that for 20 years. I retired at 68 and love it. I miss the women and the births but I don't miss the hours, computer charting, sitting up all night finishing notes, labs, ultrasound reports. It was a wonderful job and I loved it with all my heart, but it was time to transition to a different life. So I am a retired midwife, loving retirement as much as catching babies.

Peddle ad specialties, sew out advertising caps and spend my income on a hobby farm. Oh yeah, I'm half assed retired.

Live theatre technician.
I'm addicted to it.
If I could do anything it would be starting a small theatre company.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34212
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.