Agnostic.com

42 6

What was your favorite story book as a kid?

Explain what it was about your favorite story

paul1967 8 Mar 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was an adult formatted (that is, no pictures, cloth binding) book of Grimm's fairy tales. The difference was that it had all of the tales, and in their original versions.

My favorite of those was Cinderella. It turns out the wicked sisters had a cunning plan to fool the prince: since their feet didn't fit the glass slipper, they'd just chop off pieces of them until they did.

For some odd reason, the prince was not fooled. H found Cinderella, and her sisters lived the rest of their lives with mangled feet.

Grimms Fairy Tales ​

The Holloween Bernstein Bears book.

I was a little weirdo and used to read the encyclopedia when I was a kid. (My parents didn't read to me, but if they had I'm sure I would have loved it.)

Alexander the Great.

I adored books but other than the Henry Huggins series I loved Harriet the Spy.

Without question, Robert The Red-Rose Horse.

I didn't have any. The only reading literature we had around the house at any time I can think of was True Detective magazine. What I remember vividly about these magazines was there was always an horrific picture on the cover of a man strangling a woman or something else equally as horrible...food for nightmares!

My father had these terrible magazines too. It freaked me out then, and it freaks me out now

Yurtle the Turtle, Dr Seuss when I was young, Huckleberry Finn. As I grew a bit older, it was definitely the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series and also the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. Also enjoyed Clan of the Cave Bear. And I can't forget Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Loved that one.

Birkin by Joan Phipson and a book about a shark, can't remember the name,

Apparently The Spooky Old Tree was the first book I fully read. Just something about it enthralled me as a child. “Do they dare enter the Spooky Old Tree?”

Raggedy Ann

Iffy Level 5 Mar 8, 2018

Old Yeller. THere were so many The Yearling

The Bernstain Bears. Yes, it is called that. Google it if you don't believe me. It's not the Bernstein Bears.

My evidence.

The little red book of trees

I loved books as a kid. My favorite on was lost when our house burnt down and I've never been able to find it again. It was about a purple monster. I'm 99% sure her name was Harriet. She felt down on herself for being large and clumsy, but then turns out, that's just monsters. I loved the illustrations, though.

Second favorite, Mouse Tales by Arnold Lobel. I could read that book 50 times a day when I was little.

Depends on how you define kid:

before age 8, "Alexander and the Magic Mouse." This was the root of my name on this website.

before grade 6, Treasure Island

before grade 8 The Grapes of Wrath. I have read it many times and it has changed who I am.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34343
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.