Agnostic.com

27 8

The Jehovah Witnesses came by my house yesterday. They've been coming to my house for years. I discourage them but they still keep coming every few months.

This time I said, "I'm not a Christian." I was surprised when he was surprised. I don't know if anyone had ever said that to him. He looked shocked. He tried to recover, but I told him I just wasn't interested. He left with a smile and wished me a nice day. I did the same.

I guess I have a few months to figure out something to throw him for a loop the next time. Maybe tell him I'm a Scientologist, or worship the Great Spaghetti Monster.

Otterpop 6 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The JW's don't bother me but they do come by. My family does not like them even though my grandfather was one. This is how they know me to begin with, but most of my family was Pentecostal. The main reason the known church world does not like JW's is their belief that "dead is dead." The JW's do not believe in a soul. The main church world has to have soul belief to avoid the fear of death. Then there is Paradise on earth and the 144,000. As an atheist I do not believe in a soul or consciousness after death. I also believe that all gods are imaginary.

Have a few beers and whiskies with him.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.