Agnostic.com

9 21

In a medical boot, successfully worked out today!

I'm nothing if not determined.

Two days after getting a medical boot, I limped into Anytime Fitness and worked out for an hour. Can't press with toes on the right foot (broken toe). Adjusted my workout:

1. Lowered the weight for leg exercises.

2. Legs: pushed with my right heel and left leg. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

3. Aerobic exercise: used a stationary bicycle instead of my beloved rowing machine.

4. Upper body weights: seated and lying on a bench.

5. Glutes: standing leg kick-back while holding a rail for safety.

6. Stretching on a floor mat was easy. But I can't lie on my stomach. Stretched abdominals from a standing position.

I feel great.

LiterateHiker 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My late wife had one of those when a tendon broke in her left leg ,so we worked not far a apart and I became her driver, for some months.

Happy this is turning out for you and your so very happy and excited

This is a good time to get evaluated for weaknesses and work them hard. Always a silver lining!

@travelerx2

I have muscle memory from hiking, running and weightlifting since 21.

In 2018, I missed six weeks of hiking due to to two sinus infections, followed by pneumonia.

After six weeks of inactivity, I resumed hiking strong as ever.

I am such a slug! You are motivating me. I have not been wearing my boot. Big mistake.

Seventeen thousand, and seventeen eleven kudos. Hard to keep a great masochist down

Glad it worked out. That had to be challenging.

Dertermined indeed! Wow!

You Go Girl.

Go for it honey

bobwjr Level 10 May 10, 2019

@bobwjr

Thank you! Appreciate your encouragement.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:344753
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.