Agnostic.com

8 0

Should universities take political stances?

Marine 8 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First you have to Define what a political stance is. Recognizing climate change is a reality to Some is political stance

It is also a science and environmental problem in addition to a political one

No. Once they do that then they open up to donations and the influence that comes with it. Then they will be open to having certain speakers being able to speak there while others can't. It will cause segregation amongst schools. I am aware that some speakers have already been shunned from some campuses, but it will be on steroids if that happened. School should be a neutral learning place. If anything, shun ALL political speakers from schools. I'm also already aware that some people like the Koch Brothers already donate to schools to try and influence them. This is a touchy topic. I'm not even sure of my stance on this.

It is happening on both ends of the spectrum!

It is happening on both ends of the spectrum!

Not partisan stances. However, all universities should stand for knowledge, wisdom, treating all with respect and dignity, against cruelty and greed, etc.

When defending reality is a "political stance," then absolutely yes.

if warding off full scale fascism is the goal then absolutely

I see nothing wrong with it contrary to FAUX NEWS.

No chance

I am against these universities taking a polictical stances. My children went to a school to learn as much as possible about the world and their country from many points of view. The aim was to broaded their knowledge not impose one political view on them. This would be no different than going to a church.

You are right on and those that do I don 't support!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.