Agnostic.com

22 12

Do you have pictures on your refrigerator?

Setting up a new refrigerator is not complete until I arrange photos on the freezer door.

Upper left: View from the living room while growing up on a lake in Michigan.

At 16, I tore the mast through the hull on that sailboat. Showing off, I was hanging off ankle straps with the mast leaned over. Wind shifted... over she goes! Mast was stuck in the mud.

Below that: "The Raven and The First Men" carved by Haida artist Bill Reid. Carved from laminated yellow cedar, the sculpture depicts the Haida myth of the Raven discovering mankind in a giant clamshell. University of British Columbia Museum of Anthropology.

Shell necklace was a gift from a girl I mentored whose father is from Yap Island in Micronesia. She made it.

Lower right: My late mother in Florida where she lived for 20 years after Dad died. An artist and sailor, Mom enjoyed windsurfing in the Gulf of Mexico.

"I never fell because there are sharks," Mom said.

Show us your refrigerator photos! Whatcha got?

LiterateHiker 9 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Photos, magnets from travel, concert tickets...an ever changing collage.

@CarolinaGirl60

What a collection!

Is that a crocheted hanger on your kitchen towel? My mother made those.

That looks like what the side of my mothers fridge looked like,,lots of memorys

@LiterateHiker I have crocheted ones and a few made with pot holders that snap. Plus about a million hand knit dish cloths from when my mother was learning to knit!

My refrigerator is pretty barren - just a couple magnets on it.

Like mine.

Here

bobwjr Level 10 May 14, 2019

Sons and grandson

btw those little dishes are COOL!!

@SeeCanU

Do you mean the little pots and pans?

The glass magnets with pictures were handmade by a friend.

@LiterateHiker yes the pots and pans.

I used to when I had a full-size. Now with a mini, nothing at eye level.
I have a few keepers on my file cabinets....(ask again in July 😉 )

No! Never!

No...I don't put anything on mine..

I have one picture on the freezer door, that of two friends who got married last October. I was in a sad place and their love and acceptance helped to get me through that rough patch. They may not know just how much I appreciate them as friends but then again I feel so strongly that I doubt anyone really knows just how much I care about them.

Other than that I keep tickets to upcoming shows and events on the fridge so that I don't lose them and to insure that I am reminded of the things coming up in my life which heal my energy and give me the strength to keep moving forward. On the side of the fridge next to the counter I keep delivery menus of local restaurants because when I go to the fridge and there is nothing inside to eat I have options close at hand.

Grandkids and all the nieces and nephews.

I have grandchildren, so, of course I have pictures.

Ha, we put family photos that are less than flattering on the fridge ! Lol

Mine has pretty well all magnets for closing up bags etc for in the fridge plus a rooster ,strawberry and a parrot

No. I am a minimalist. To outlier me, such displays are visual clutter.

No. Just a couple of fridge magnets.

Sounds just like mine!

Not where I put mine. My sister has too many cute magnets in inconvenient spots on her fridge, and they're always getting knocked off and broken.

No, just magnets from places I visited.
But I have a magnetic white board with photos of family and friends

no

lerlo Level 8 May 14, 2019

Very nice! My fridge has a few kid drawings on postcards, but mostly cooking instructions cut from pizza boxes and other items that fit better in my freezer without the boxes... but my dining table has dozens of photos under the glass, protected from the moisture in my humid environment.

one picture and a boatload of magnets.

g

I use to put pictures on my fridge, but now it's just grocery lists, to do lists and notes to doctors.

if it's a magnet or has a magnet on it, i stick it to the fridge. i got a lot of fridge magnets from places i've been (and mother/sister has been). i even got my g/mother's pace maker magnet stuck on there (those are pretty cool/strong magnets). last thing i stuck on there was my passport photo - i got 2 and didn't know what to do with the second one...had to stick it on with a magnet i had - just had to.

The little plastic airplane flashes lights when you rub the bottom (lower left).

A boyfriend who worked at Boeing gave it to me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:346350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.