Agnostic.com

56 8

If you knew that if you came out as an atheist that you would lose everyone you called family would you?

MayRebel 5 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes.

When I came out as athiest my family talked to me more. More about converting me back. But to answer the question, I still would. I'd feel hurt but I'd rather be open with my thoughts and criticism.

I’ve done it. Many no longer talk to me directly but those who actually took the time to listen and understand me are still close. If it only takes a different opinion for them to hate you, then I’d question the relationship.

No. I doon'tlet certain people in my family know for that exasct reason 😟

Already did it, and the ones I "lost", I do not miss. The concept of "family" has nothing to do with DNA and everything to do with love and acceptance. Blood means nothing.

I couldn't have said it better... 🙂

Not an issue for me. Came out in my teens.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.