Agnostic.com

17 30

LINK These Students Found a Perfect Loophole for South Dakota’s “In God We Trust” Law | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Children are smarter than Republicans

South Dakota’s Republican Governor Kristi Noem recently signed into law Senate Bill 55, a bill that requires all public schools to display “In God We Trust” signs in a prominent place beginning next school year.

But the bill itself is fairly vague beyond those rules… and last night, during a meeting of the Rapid City School Board, members of the Working to Initiate Social Equality Club (WISE) at Stevens High School presented the board with a version of the sign they wanted to see in their school.

Instead of just saying “In God We Trust,” it includes a lot of other words, too…

jerry99 8 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard of one high school that put a picture of Marvel's Thor with the caption "In God We Trust".

All those words seem as silly. Schools should educate without religious influence.

You can't teach history without teaching something about religion. I'd like to think that the good students would learn something about the dangers of blind faith in priests and gods.

It would be neater if the ring of names could rotate. But is great as is.

Oh, that would be awesome! Spin that thing like wheel of fortune!

I saw this on FaceBook and thought it was brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Brilliant is the right word! Lol

Awww man 😮

Can't help noticing this is another Republican woman governor. I'm not sure why a certain sort of liberal seems to think that "woman politician" automatically equals "good". Gender doesn't matter as much as party and philosophy.

The fact that a majority of white women voted for Trump in 2016 is mind-boggling!

@jerry99 I only know one white woman who voted for Trump personally but then she is one of my Christian friends whereas most of my circle are Atheists like me.

@misstuffy My former boss did... because "Hillary is such a lying bitch!" And pointing out that Trump lies 5 times more frequently, as verified by independent sources, just made her drop the "lying" part and revert to "she's such a bitch!"

I read it as, "I will vote for a man who has no moral standards whatsoever, but I won't vote for a woman who is just like me, for some reason." Because she wouldn't trust herself to run the country?

Thanks

I donate a small amount to FFRF (Freedom From Religion Foundation) every month to help them fight this crap that evangelicals keep pushing.

Member here also..

co-edexist

I think maybe the Satanic Temple, American Humanists and/or some other skeptics groups were donating stickers like this espousing random Greek Norse Roman and Egyptian etc gods. Great idea.

How about putting:

“The in god we trust law is counter to separation of church and state”

I like the open area (or whole😉 ) in the center - brilliant.

Wot - no Zeus ?

Odin was my favorite back in those junior high school times.

They left off the flying spaghetti monster.

Another useless law we don't need to begin with. This has been a trend in the last few years. This madness has to stop (Passing bills like this, that is)

Project Blitz! Christianize America!

@Freespirit64 I doubt you understood my comment but that's ok

@IamNobody Do you know what Project Blitz and its agenda are?

From their point of view this is correct they don't see it any other way.
this is probably unconstitutional giving the climate of the day. it's probably unavoidable.
hopefully an atheist group or the ACLU we'll take it on in court but they'll end up looking like the bad guys.
I have a post that speaks to this point it's called why intelligent people believe in God.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:347880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.