Agnostic.com

3 1

LINK Where’s Nathan Myhrvold’s Laser Mosquito Death Machine?

This would be very useful . . . If lasers will not do the trick, maybe they should try ultrasound, they use that to break kidney stones up as I understand it.

THHA 7 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At one time they were going to use mosquito genetics to breed them out of existence. For some reason it was determined that this was a bad idea. I am not personally persuaded that we need them at all.

I remember reading an article about that 30 years ago. specifically ethically modifying insects so their life's cycle is interrupted.
genetically modifying anything does scare me I wonder what the mad scientist will create

They are doing that now with mosquitos, genetically editing them so they can't reproduce. They need to get the ball rolling on that imo. Current methods are too broad and harm other insects and animals.

I wonder if it works on midges. The season is about to start here in Scotland. they don't carry any nasty diseases like mossies but they can make life miserable.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:349374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.