Agnostic.com

6 1

When I think about life, other people, nature, etc...; I often think how strange it all seems to be. However, then I think, compared to what? I know other people get that, wow this whole life thing is strange, mind set also. In a way it doesn't make sense. We don't have any other world or existence to compare it to, so why does it seem strange?

Rudy1962 9 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I still get the wow, life to me is wow.
I still see desolation as the norm and find living things so amazing.

Yah when you think about it, they are

Huh? What seems so strange?

Being on a ball in the middle of nowhere. All these other people and weird ways they act. That I'm alive and some day I won't be.. sometimes seems weird

Lack of answers

Best explanation I've heard

It is amazing, to think of our history. Life started in the Ocean over 4 billion years ago, and here we are.

gater Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

whoopee

history is just about humans hence prehistoric creatures

Do we need a comparison to identify strange?

That's what I'm wondering

@Rudy1962 good question. it would be hard to tell if an infant was uncomfortable with stange vs just doesnt like what is going on

We are far from the norm with Trumpty Dumpty sitting in the Oval Office.

Yah. I mean even politics aside, and before Trump, I guess it is a certain type of existential anxiety.

The tRumps of the world are a dime a dozen. It's just now our turn to have one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34978
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.