Agnostic.com

7 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because from what I've seen from other people's children most of them are disrespectful assholes. Inuit culture, more than likely, is not like that.

I think it goes a little deeper than that.

Best lesson in parenting is to watch a mother dog with puppies

Exactly

Its easier to yell at your children than it is to learn good parenting skills.

It's far more effective to speak slowly and clearly if you wish to show displeasure.

Under no conditions I'm for shouting at children! However, why she'll we follow the example of inuit?

zesty Level 7 May 21, 2019

Of course you can always speak forcefully - in Braille!! 😂😄

The one time I shouted at my daughter was when she chased a ball toward traffic.

"Claire, STOP!" I yelled. Ran and scooped her up.

When she was little, Claire burst into tears with just a stern look from me. She was so sensitive. At age one, Claire cried when we loudly sang "Happy Birthday" to her. After she calmed down, we sang "Happy Birthday" in whispers.

I'm not a yeller and neither is her father. We never spanked her.

As a teen, Claire hated meetings with two parents against one (her). We talked calmly and firmly, laying down the law.

My daughter was the same way. If I looked at her sternly, she started to cry, and we never had to spank her. My sons, however, were different stories.

When I was in Japan, I was amazed at how the children were basically allowed to be children...I also noticed no shouting...it is considered loss of control by the adults and the adults are criticized...it was annoying to me as a Westerner because I wanted the kids to shut up...but, after a while, they did...the parents ignored them, talked in quiet voices, continued doing what they were doing...

There is something to be said about patience and mirroring behavior...about remembering that kids are not on our level...interesting study...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350284
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.