Agnostic.com

6 0

A good read as to the history of god worship by human kind.
The Anunnaki Chronicles by Zecharia Sitchin. He believed that the Anunnaki were not of this world, they came from a planet called Nibiru. The Sumerians worshiped them as Gods because of their advance technology.

You can get more detail from this site: [annunaki.org]

JonM 3 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes and he had many thousands of tablets to prove it ... Ancient Sumarian tablets ... Of course his decyphering is not always accepted by others in his class.

Dawna Level 1 Mar 10, 2018

Just for the record, draw an ellipse with Sumeria as one focus and Greece as the other, extending from about Mumbai to Stockholm. Within this ellipse, there are gods and the gods have human qualities. Outside, before the age of exploration, there is animism, non-human-quality gods, karma, and ancestor worship. Sumerai accounted for the major advances int the world of its time, including writing and the wheel. Consider that unlike other religions, the Sumerians existed in order to feed their gods. Of course, there is no publicly released objective evidence of any special visitation, but if someone came to earth at that time, Sumeria would probably have been the place.

There is as much real evidence for this as there is for any of the gods. That is, none. On the other hand, it is as good a hypothesis as 'he is risen'.

[chaukeedaar.wordpress.com]

[csicop.org]

Blech.

I've read Sitchin's books. They're tough to read. A little dry. The Sumerian translations are obviously the source of most of the Biblical stories. Their origin of mankind is as plausible as any. Look at all the extremely heavy stone slabs all over the world. They got there somehow. Sitchin's books are at least thought provoking.

@atheist "Heavy" is actually putting it lightly. They're actually beyond heavy, and extremely large. Don't think we're capable of handling them nowadays. Not talking raggedy Stone Hinge stones. These appear to be machined. Hard to write a paragraph and cover the SEVEN books Sitchin wrote.

I think that on this site, you will get some derision from super-rationalists who believe that because you cannot prove that any of this happened, then it didn't. I am a great fan of the Ancient Aliens series; a lot of it seems to me to be plausible explanations for many "divine" incidents. But I know that the insults will fly now that I have admitted that.

Those of you who mock me will pay the price when the Niribu come to wreak vengeance on you! (A girl can hope, anyway...)

@atheist I'm not saying that I believe in all the claims of the "ancient astronaut theorists," and I certainly DON'T think there's a future reunion planned (what would the dress code for THAT be, I wonder?) or a deadline for earth's demise. I just find some of the things that are said interesting and entertaining, in the "huh, I never thought of that before" way. It's as plausible as the bible in many ways. We are in fact taking atheism as fact in the same way these guys are taking the Anunaki as fact. It all boils down to belief. Just because we believe that there is no evidence for a god does not mean there IS no god, just that there is no evidence that we understand. Similarly, all the people that believe in gods are believing that there is a god despite the lack of actual evidence. It boils down to the same lack of evidence; it's the interpretation of that lack of evidence that differs.

@Fanburger And this response typifies the crap that people throw at one another on this site, for no apparent reason. It's possible to say you disagree with someone without having to toss a negative label at them or their beliefs.

@atheist I am not asking you to agree with me nor to believe what I believe or to hold the same opinion I do. I don't feel any obligation to prove the truth of what I think. It's true for me and that is all that I need. I don't come to this site for homework. "Prove this or that to me! Give me evidence! Adhere to my standards of proof!" Um, no. I get plenty of that stuff at work and I don't have any interest in justifying what I think the rest of the time.

@atheist the value of its history is from its history, from many parts of the world. But one would have to actually follow the series, or read the books, which you already admit you took a pass on. So forgive me as I go out on the limb here as I claim ignorance on your part. It's fine if you don't wish to partake in the theory, your right. But debating it with only an attempt to belittle someone else's views in it that has a degree of insight you took a pass on is, quite frankly, completely disrespectful. Let me try to explain.

At a time where these societies had no possible means of contact to communicate, yet built structures based off the same relative engineering designs above their understanding of their time. So is the theory. There's not to many experts who will argue this. These same societies also seem to have referred to other worldly beings as gods. Which I'm also attempting to answer another comment you made in another reply. It's not me or citronella claiming they are gods, this is merely the conjecture the archaeologist and ancient alien theorist arrive at. Who I might add, I don't recall any of them actually claiming they were gods either. Often showing how they resemble many Greek gods in some cases though, throughout different periods of societies. In which these societies seemingly explain these gods getting around, ascending, and descending in various ways on animals with fire and smoke. Weapons with great power we only know today. Again, conjecture of inability to know the possible technology they might be using. When you have societies from Australia, South and Central America, India, throughout Asia, Middle East, America, my god the list is like endless! It's not really to dam hard for us to put a thought into wondering what these people were experiencing, or want to. I personally find it highly fascinating that so many pockets of ancient societies had the same experiences while not having been able to know or communicate with each other while giving us almost the same indications of something, well, as they say, out of this world. Through art and various types of writing only each society would understand. Why be so intent on trying to sway another from wondering and exploring this spectacular part of our history? It just might hold an answer to our problems today. We have many as a society my god! Did I just say my god? 🙂

@William_Mary Thank you for so clearly articulating all of this. I appreciate your taking up the intellectual javelin that I was unwilling to launch.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35095
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.