Agnostic.com

12 5

Just finished this book! Great read! Only problem is it will never be read by its intended audience. Anyone a Sam Harris fan?

Joshuahenley 6 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm a big Sam Harris fan. Gonna have to read that book.

I am a big Sam Harris fan. The book is a good read. There is a 2 hour you-tube video of him giving different arguments against religion which I often watch. You might want to check it out if you like him. It's called "Sam Harris- A collection of Arguments Every Believer and Atheist Should Know About". I often listen to it while driving or working.

Nuke Level 5 Mar 11, 2018

Sam harris is a genius! Listening to him helped shape my entire perspective, not just about religion but a range of topics, you should try his talks on free will, and artificial intelligence, it's fascinating!

Jim87 Level 3 Mar 11, 2018

He, s up there with Hitch .

Haven't read him but I did watch his stuff on YouTube

I would suggest to read Sam's work. You will not be disappointed. His books are also on audiobook, with his voice; they are great, I have most of them. After listening to them I have gone and purchased the actual book so I can highlight the text content/text that impressed me.

I enjoy his work, especially when he debates or gives discourses. He has a very calm and reasonable manner. Plus, he has a pretty good sense of humor when he wants to.

I love Sam! I've read this book and I've watched several of his debates. His debates are my favorite. I do listen to his podcast regularly.

Love Sam Harris. Have you listened to his podcast?

Yes! He is very good at making an educated argument!

Tomorrow I'm going to Barnes and Noble. I'll check it out.

Although a pdf of the book is available on the internet for free (https://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/religion.occult.new_age/Sam%20Harris%20-%20Letter%20To%20A%20Christian%20Nation.pdf), it's important that we all buy his books. It's a tangible way of stating your support for Sam, who, in a very rational articulative way exposed the religious deletion. Sam also has other very good and relevant books.

@Genoa150 I prefer hard copies over ebooks.

Actually it has been read quite a bit by the intended audience as Sam has reported in his emails from believers and former believers.

Yes I read that little book and it was terrific.

If it doesn't have a cat
with a hat
then I want nothing to do with it
02-6134

That is my favorite childrens book bar none!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35118
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.