Agnostic.com

9 4

LINK Polish Catholic Church expects 'wave' of child sex abuse reports after release of film on paedophilia

FTA: The crowd-funded two-hour-long film 'Just Don't Tell Anyone' has so far had over 14 million views on YouTube in just three days, and proved to be a sensation in Poland while appearing to deliver a hammer blow to the moral credibility of the Catholic Church.

The film, which hears the accounts of victims and some confessions from their abusers, has already prompted Archbishop Stanislaw Gadecki, the head of Poland’s episcopate, to issue an apology to “all those harmed” but now the Church appears to be bracing itself for an avalanche of sexual abuse allegations.

zblaze 7 May 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a former catholic pole I am surprised that the archbishop actually issued an apology and secondly I think the believers will consider this false news or think they were setup to lie to beesmirch the integrity of the church. I have heard the tales of too many dumbass alex jones sounding polish catholics to think they'd side with the victims rather than deny it or victim blame.

Our Catholic bishop here has been charged and is currently in jail. He was second in command when he was in Rome. Some of our right wing politicians spoke about what a horrible thing it was that he was jailed this most upstanding person, such a pillar to the community. Shame on them, hypocrites.

I was surprised they didn’t close ranks and get him off. Perhaps there is a god after all!

@Geoffrey51 They tried and are still trying. They banded together and paid for his very expensive trial and tried to get it overturned and a re trial but in the end, so far it has not worked for them. Hurray.

The recent article in "the Atlantic" will add even more fire to this sorry episode. As long as the church keeps following the path it has so far things will only get worse. One thing people don't know is that pedophilia is not just about Catholic priests. Other denominations also are guilty. Follow FFRF's Black Collar Crime and get a whiff of something that really stinks. [ffrf.org]

@Alvinsmama I am sure the other clergy are glad the focus is all on Catholics and not on them but they are guilty. I don't understand why people keep changing their religion (my sister does this). What are they looking for?

@Alvinsmama Lets hope he doesn't have a gun or go to the NRA church. Sounds scary.

I hope the film is in English also! We need it here in America! Fuck the Catholic Church!

It is subtitled.

Gee, ya THINK!?!?
The rcc should be outlawed.
I mean, all of them should be, but the rcc first.

Great news! Finally!

zesty Level 7 May 23, 2019

I'm sure it's long overdue. I watched the film just recently and it's very depressing.

Had they taken care of the problem ever so long ago they wouldn't be worried about it now.

1of5 Level 8 May 23, 2019

I doubt this information will make a bit of difference to Catholic believers.

That's because they aren't interested in evidence or truth - only 'faith'...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:351245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.