Agnostic.com

3 1

I believe that I can do anything in life as long as I don't effect anyone physically, mentally or financially in a negative way.

tiger78 5 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That way of thinking would leave me motionless. Effects can have a wide range of repercussions that you simply aren't aware of. I try to do what I think is right, without considering the ramifications on 'everyone'.

But, almost all of your actions DO affect others positively or negatively. We are always responsible for our actions and decisions and for the consequences on self, others, and environment. We must strive NOT to be so egocentric that we forget that!

That sounds like another form of the "golden rule".

Virtually every religion states the equivelent of the golden rule in some form. Of course in virtually every religion it is also ignored and people do harm to each other all the time.

I think it is ironic that, on a per capita basis, atheists seem to practive the "golden rule" more than religious persons.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3516
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.